1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Itinerary help with 5 days trip in Jaipur

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Tony, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Tony

Tony New Member

I am going to be visiting Jaipur for 5 days with my family in November and need some help with the itinerary.
    My visit to Jaipur will also involve making a visit to Agra to see the Taj Mahal and possibly the fort, I am hoping that golden triangle would be possible but with only 5 days I am not quite sure which is why I need some help from forum members.

My arrival date is 8th November and departure date is 13th November.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi Tony,

This is what I would suggest assuming that you will land in Delhi and have your flight back from Delhi aswell :

Leave straight for Agra on the 8th of Nov and stay the night there. Leave hotel early morning and see the Taj Mahal first thing in the morning. This would take atleast 3-4 hours.

Leave the Taj mahal for Fatehpur Sikri and see the Buland Darwaza at about 2PM and then go to see the Sikri fort which is behind the Buland darwaza and will take about two hours of your time.

Take a room at Gulistan guest house which is run by the UP Tourism board (government run) and they have a bar aswell and have arrangements of bonfire which they charge at Rs500.

Leave Gulistan guest house next day very early in the morning for Bharatpur bird century where you can do some bird watching and take some beautiful pictures.

At around 2-3PM leave the Bharatpur bird century for Jaipur and reach Jaipur before sun set.

Next day onwards you will have plenty of time to spend at different forts and palaces at Jaipur and then return to Delhi two days before your flight and do some sight seeing in Delhi before you leave.

You would need to hire a taxi from Delhi for this tour and the prices depend on what type of car you need. Prices are pretty much standard.

This concludes your 5 day golden triangle tour. Do give me a shout if you need more information on this. I hope other members can also give some more input.

Welcome to India travel forum.

Tony and DhongiBaba like this.

3. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

That is possibly the best way to do it. I believe it is a perfect plan with hardly any tiring schedule and covers the whole triangle without leaving anything important.

For Jaipur stay somewhere in Amer to stay away from the city traffic else you will be stuck in traffic going to and from your destinations. You will need to go inside the city a copuple of times for things like Hawa mahal but everything else is outside the crowded places.

I would highly recommend spending evenings at Jal mahal feeding the fishes.

4. Tony

Tony New Member

Thanks Admin, that seems like a good itinerary.
    I am not too keen on the Gulistan guest house, so do you think that we could probably skip that and head towards Jaipur direct and see the Bharatpur bird century on the way back to Delhi?

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

On your way back if you want to come back via Bharatpur then you would be traveling a long way and it would take an entire day just for Bharatpur because of the extra driving distance you would need to cover.

If you want you can go for Bharatpur the same day in the evening and leave for Jaipur the same day to save some time if that is the motivation behind going Bharatpur on your way back.

You can see Bharatpur national park in 3-4 hours if you want because it is just a 2km long road where you can go by rikshaw. I posted a thread about Bharatpur bird sanctuary which you can see to get an idea what it is about. Here are some pictures from Bharatpur bird sanctuary.

DhongiBaba likes this.
  6. Tony

Tony New Member

It is not just saving a day but also I am not so keen on staying at the Gulistan guest house. I think the same day trip at Bharatpur would be better and leaving for the Jaipur the same day would be good.
    Thanks Admin.