1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise for Ooty Trip in September

Discussion in 'West India' started by Arpit, May 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Arpit

Arpit New Member

My wife and I are going to Ooty for a holiday in September and there is some advise which I need from forum members regarding the trip. I will be arriving at Coimbatore airport, and from there I would proceed for Ooty.

- Would it be best to hire a taxi from the airport and keep it there for sight seeing, or get another taxi when we reach Ooty?

- What places do you suggest for sight seeing in Ooty?

Thank you.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I would advise you to get a taxi from Coimbatore airport to Ooty then take a separate taxi at Ooty for sight seeing, this would work out to be cheaper.

You did not mention the duration of your trip but have given sight seeing suggestions anyway.

Places of interest and worth visiting are:

Botanical gardens
    St. Stephen's Church
    Pykara Lake
    Doddabetta Peak and Doddabetta Tea Museum and Factory
    Avalanche Lake
    Taking a tour by the Forest Department Bus through the Sanctuary Avalanche to go to Upper Bhawani Lake
    Taking a toy train from Ooty to Coonoor.

Arpit likes this.

3. Deven

Deven Member

Also don't forget Needle Rock View Point and Western Catchment.

Arpit likes this.
  4. Arpit

Arpit New Member

We will be there for about a week, and I am hoping that I can cover most of the places can be covered within this time.
    Thank you for your answers and suggestions.

5. Deven

Deven Member

You would be able to cover the trip in a week, if you plan accordingly, even two places can be seen in one day.

Arpit likes this.