1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baggage allowed in Indigo domestic flight

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by STPatel, Oct 4, 2016.

1. STPatel

STPatel New Member

I am getting a flight from Delhi to Ahmedabad and will be flying with Indigo Airlines. I will have some extra luggage with me which I need to take with me.
    I know some airlines allow a generous amount of luggage and I need to find out the baggage allowed in Indigo domestic flight?

I have a strong feeling that I would exceed the luggage allowance so please also mention the costs for extra luggage.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

Indigo Airlines have imposed a strict policy upon baggage allowances for passengers. First of all, your cabin baggage must fit within the weight limit as well as the dimensions limit. Your cabin baggage must fit either at the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Otherwise, your cabin baggage would be transferred to the baggage compartment. Here are the cabin baggage allowances for the domestic flights of Indigo Airlines:

Cabin Baggage Restrictions (Domestic Flights Indigo)
    • Weight - Up to 7 kilograms per passenger, one piece only (either child or adult)
    • Dimensions - 55 centimetres (length) + 35 centimetres (width) + 25 centimetres (height)
    Although only one cabin baggage is only allowed per person, you can still carry one more personal item with you. This personal item can be a laptop, handbag or book. Then, they also have limits upon checked baggage allowances, both for its weight and dimensions:

Checked Baggage Restrictions (Domestic Flights Indigo)
    • Weight - Up to 15 kilograms per passenger, one piece only (either child or adult)
    • Dimensions - Must not exceed 158 centimetres (in length + width + height)
    In case you exceed these allowances, you'd be charged a flat rate of Rs. 250 per kilogram excess for cabin baggage. You would be charged Rs. 100 for the first 5 kilograms excess for checked baggage. For the checked baggage, if you exceed 5 kilograms, the succeeding ones would be charged Rs. 300 per kilogram. You can also opt to just buy excess baggage slabs, these are the rates:

Excess Baggage Rates (Domestic Flights Indigo)
    • 5 kilograms at Rs. 500
    • 10 kilograms at Rs. 2,000
    • 15 kilograms at Rs. 3,500
    • 30 kilograms at Rs. 8,000
    If you have booked your ticket online, you can just log into your account and add the extra bags and pay for it as well. This way, you save some time and hassle instead of booking the excess bags during your scheduled departure.

I hope this helps you!:)