1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best time to visit Kunzum La?

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by Niks, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Niks

Niks New Member

I have just been reading the thread highest hill station India and found out about Kunzum La. I am someone who loves visiting less crowded places and especially new ones that hardly any tourists visit, so this is a destination I am wanting to visit.
    However, I do need some advice from someone hopefully who has been there before to when the best time to visit Kunzum La is.
    I am ok with the cold weather but not too keen on severe cold temperatures. Some idea about hotels and food in the destination would also be great.

2. Karan

Karan Member

Kunzum La is a high mountain pass located in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, and it is generally open for vehicular traffic from June to September, when the weather is relatively milder and the road conditions are more favorable. The best time to visit Kunzum La is during the summer months of June, July, and August when the weather is pleasant, and the pass offers spectacular views of the surrounding mountains, glaciers, and valleys.

It's important to note that Kunzum La is located at a high altitude of over 15,000 feet, and visitors may experience altitude sickness. It's advisable to acclimatize yourself for a day or two before visiting the pass and to carry warm clothing, as temperatures can drop drastically, even in the summer months. Additionally, the weather conditions can be unpredictable, and it's always advisable to check the local weather forecast before planning a visit.