1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy Indian Sim Card in USA

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Upen, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Upen

Upen New Member

I have tried finding out in the USA if I can purchase an Indian sim card here, but nobody knows!

I am hoping that someone on the forum would know if I can buy Indian sim card in the USA?
    My trip to India will be in September and before I reach home I need to be in Delhi for a few days and me won't have any phone with me, so was hoping to purchase the sim card from here.

Please post details if anyone knows anything.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know of any store in the US or any other country that sells Indian sim cards. You can only buy an authentic and legal sim card that will work in India, in India itself. You can probably find a few sim cards online in eBay at least, but I'm doubting their legality because you would need proper documentations to buy your sim and have it activated.

Here are the documents you might need:

• Photocopy of the name page of your passport
    • Photocopy of the Indian visa page in your passport
    • Passport sized pictures
    • Proof of where you're staying
    • Photocopy of the home address of your passport
    I would suggest just buying your sim card from the airport once you arrive in India. You can also go to local cellphone stores and get you sim card in there. Once you showed them the proper documentation, you can immediately get your sim card. Activation varies, it can take a day or two or sometimes a week. Price of sim cards ranges from Rs 10 to Rs 100.

I hope this helps!