1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chandigarh To Jodhpur Route

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by SunnyP, Jul 20, 2015.

1. SunnyP

SunnyP New Member

I need help from members to advise me on which route I should take from Chandigarh to Jodhpur. I want a simple route and nothing complicated with shortcuts or anything.
    I will be traveling with my parents and wife in our own car.
    I know the journey will be long from Chandigarh to Jodhpur, so do you think it is advisable to make a night halt somewhere?

Regards

2. Deven

Deven Member

You can take the Chandigarh - Panipat - Rewari - Jaipur - Jodhpur route which is the best and safest route to follow.
    For a night halt you can stop at Jaipur, although the stretch would be 8 hours but it would be easier and a better place to stay than anywhere else on this route.

3. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

You cannot drive that distance all in one go unless you are the super man in disguise in which case you would be flying to Jodhpur not driving :)

It is a long way and it is best to break up the journey and spend the night at either Jaipur or Ajmer. There is a country Inn and suits in the outskirts of Ajmer which is just on the highway. Look for the Mcdonalds sign and you will find it. It will be on the right side of the road on your way to Ajmer.

I have done Delhi to Ajmer many times and find it very tiring especially when I get stuck in traffic jams which are not uncommon on that route. You will meet thousands of trucks both ways.

Jaipur would be more convenient but you would be left with a lot of driving the next day too but the roads are very good from Jaipur to Ajmer and even upto Jodhpur there is no problem in regards to roads.

4. JimmyKakkar

JimmyKakkar New Member

I would suggest two stop over if that is feasible for you, one stop at Delhi and the other at Jaipur.

5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

@JimmyKakkar ,

Total distance between Chandigarh to Jodhpur is 730Kms. Taking two night halts would mean an average of less then 250Kms. Yes it would make the journey easier if driving long distances is a problem but then taking 3 over night halts would make it even more easier would it not?

I personally believe one over night halt is enough and Jaipur or Ajmer would be ideal. Neemrana could also be looked at due to most good hotels being right on the highway itself.