1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darjeeling Trip Suggestions

Discussion in 'North East India' started by JacobMit, Jul 10, 2015.

1. JacobMit

JacobMit New Member

A Darjeeling trip is being planned and I need some suggestions and help for the plan which I have made for the trip. I will be a lone traveler and this will be first trip to Darjeeling. I am very much interested in seeing natural beauty and exploring the areas.
    I need some help regarding accommodation and how I should get around Darjeeling.
    I will be arriving from Delhi and after arrival the plan is:

Day 2 - Visiting tiger hill
    Day3 - Visiting Kanchenjunga Mountain
    Day 4 - Local sightseeing
    Day 5 - Guwahati, Shillong and Umiam Lake along with visiting the Busco Museum
    Day 6 - Dawki border
    Day 7 - Back to Delhi.

2. KK

KK Member

Seems like a good itinerary, I would like to inform you that Tiger hill is a sunset view, so best visited in the evening. so you have day 1 free during the morning and afternoon hours which you can spend on the toy train ride which would give you some good views.
    For touring around Darjeeling rent out an Enfield bike.

3. AlapanB

AlapanB Member

Well, firstly Tiger Hill is a sunrise viewing spot. So you have to be prepared to get up very early and pray that your luck is great so that you can see the full majesty of the sun-soaked Kanchendzongha.

Secondly, you can't just go to Kanchenzhongha from Darjeeling. The view from Tiger Hill is truly awesome. But that's the best you are going to get.

Thirdly, a single day tour from Darjeeling to Guwahati and Shillong is possible, but practically not feasible, as the journey from Darjeeling to New Jalpaiguri and from there to Guwahati is at best hectic, and at worst, an utter nightmare.

Sorry to dredge up a kinda-dead post, but this is to help others who further come here looking for answers.