1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you know TN had the largest number of tourists this year?

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by rootle, Jul 26, 2016.

1. rootle

rootle Member

I was surprised to find out that TN is the most visited state in the country right now. I'm more or less from the state and while it's a great place, I find it strange that it is more popular than Goa, Kerala, UP and Rajasthan. I would have thought it would be somewhere in the middle of the list. What makes TN so popular?

2. Deven

Deven Member

People in India like exploring other places now, and the majority have all gone to the nearby and tourist places and Tamil Nadu is a different place for people to visit. It is quite a big state and has a large number of tourist places to visit. There are many hill stations in Tamil Nadu, ancient temples (which is the plus point for Tamil Nadu tourism), and many other tourist attractions.

Another point is that places like Goa and Kerala have become too popular and sometimes get overcrowded with tourists and people don't want that hence choose a different destination. When people visit Tamil Nadu they also go to Pondicherry and when it comes to beaches I think Pondicherry has become a popular beach destination.