1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garib Rath Trains are the Best Budget Luxury Trains

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Sharath S, May 20, 2016.

?

Have you traveled in the Garib Rath Train?

1. YES

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. NO

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Sharath S

Sharath S Member

I recently had to go to Ernakulam for a family Function and it was an immediate notification for me as I had to instead of my Brother. I seldom travel by train but my brother had booked a ticket for me on the Garib Rath. I started on Tuesday night at 09:00 PM from Yeshwantpur and reached my destination (Ernakulam) on Wednesday at 08:22 AM and that's it. The train was just amazing. The experience was great. The best Journey I have ever had on a Train. I highly recommend you enquire for the availability of Garib Rath to your Destination. If available do travel with it. I couldn't get a reservation for the same train for my journey back Home but will do the next time I go there.

Have you ever traveled on the Garib Rath? If yes how was your experience?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I think the Garib Rath Trains are very convenient and affordable. They're a lot cheaper than regular trains but they don't compromise much. I mean, yes, the seats are closer together but there's still AC in the train. Blankets aren't given freely unlike in regular trains but you can always bring your own anyway. The best thing about is it costs very low as compared to the regular trains, it can be as low as Rs 505. That is a huge gap from the Rs 1450 for regular trains.

It only has seating and three-tier accommodations. Its maximum speed is at 95 km/hr which isn't too bad. You will be served some tea and coffee but you can always bring your own food. Some delays can be expected, as with any train, but most of the time it arrives on time or close on time. For the price you pay, I think it's a great deal rather than taking a bus.

They have clean bathrooms and seats as well. You can pay for extra blanket though, I haven't mentioned that earlier. It's a great alternative to an expensive train and an uncomfortable bus ride.

3. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

Garib Rath was never a luxury train....

It's called Garib rath because of the cheap AC tickets as compared to other train...

Admin likes this.