1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to reach Shirdi from Delhi?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by AnupChak, Aug 26, 2016.

1. AnupChak

AnupChak New Member

I live in Delhi with my parents and wife, we are Sai Baba devotees and would like to go to the Sai Baba Mandir in Shirdi.

Please help me in knowing how to reach Shirdi from Delhi?

Are there direct trains which go from Delhi to Shirdi?

Which Delhi train station would the train to Shirdi leave from?

If we decide to go by flight, where would get to flight to? How much cost would be involved if we get a flight to Shirdi?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Here are your transportation options from Delhi to Shirdi:

1. By Bus - There are no direct buses between Delhi to Shirdi. You have to reach Mumbai and then board another bus to Shirdi. Technically, you can go to any city in Maharashtra and from there, just board a bus going to Shirdi. But since Mumbai has frequent buses, it's the best choice. So your route would be:
    • Delhi > Bus to Mumbai > Bus to Shirdi.
    From Delhi to Mumbai, here are some private bus timings:
    • Rishabh Travels - Their Non AC Seater Sleeper Bus departs from Delhi at 6:30 pm. Then, it arrives in Mumbai at 3:30 am. Fare is at Rs. 2,200 to Rs. 2,500 per passenger. Their AC Sleeper Bus departs from Delhi at 7:00 pm. Then, it arrives in Mumbai at 11:50 pm. Fare is at Rs. 4,500 per passenger. These buses depart from Filmistan, Dhaula Kuan and Shiv Murti.
    • Shri Rishabh Travels - They have a Non AC Seater Sleeper Bus which departs from Delhi at 7:00 pm and arrives in Mumbai at 7:00 am. Fare is at Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 3,000 per passenger. This bus departs from the Hero Honda Chowk.
    Then, from Mumbai to Shirdi, here is one bus timing from the MSRTC:
    • Semi-Luxury Bus - Departs from Mumbai at 14:45. It departs from the MSRTC Bus Stand which is just across the Mumbai Central Railway Station.
    Then, here are some private bus timings from Mumbai to Shirdi:
    • Laxmi Narayan Travels (Non AC Seater) - Departs from Mumbai at 10:30 pm and 10:50 pm. It arrives in Shirdi at 5:00 am and 5:15 am. Fare is at Rs. 250 per passenger.
    • Neeta Tours and Travels (AC Volvo) - Departs from Mumbai at 5:45 am, 7:15 am and 7:00 pm. It arrives in Shirdi at 1:15 pm, 2:45 pm and 2:30 am. Fare is at Rs. 550 per passenger.
    • Vitthala Travels (Non AC Seater) - Departs from Mumbai at 6:45 pm and 9:50 pm. It arrives in Shirdi at 3:15 am and 5:30 am. Fare is at Rs. 250 per passenger.
    These buses depart from Dadar East, Dadar West and Vikroli West.

2. By Train - There is one direct train from Delhi to Shirdi. Here is the timing:
    • Kalka Sainagar Shirdi Super Fast Express Train No. 22456 - Departs from Hazrat Nizamuddin during Sundays and Thursdays at 23:55. It arrives on Sainagar Shirdi during Mondays and Fridays at 22:15. Journey is around 22 hours or more.
    This station is just two kms away from the Sai Temple. There are buses that the the Sai Baba Trust operates plying from the railway station to the temple.

Your other option would be the Kopargaon Railway Station, which is just 15 kms from the Sai Baba Temple. Here are some train timings:
    • Jhelum Express Train No. 11078 - Departs daily from Subzi Mandi at 9:30. It arrives on Kopargaon at 9:13. Journey is around 22 hours or more.
    • Goa Express Train No. 12780 - Departs daily from Hazrat Nizamuddin at 15:00. It arrives on Kopargaon at 10:58. Journey is around 22 hours or more.
    • Karnataka Express Train No. 12628 - Departs daily from New Delhi at 21:15. It arrives on Kopargaon at 16:22. Journey is around 22 hours or more.
    • Swarna Jayanthi Train No. 12782 - Departs during Mondays from Hazrat Nizamuddin at 5:55. It arrives on Kopargaon at 3:49. Journey is around 22 hours or more.
    • Hazrat Nizamuddin Kolhapur CSMT Express Train No. 12148 - Departs during Thursdays from Hazrat Nizamuddin at 5:55. It arrives on Kopargaon at 3:48. Journey is around 22 hours or more.
    From Kopargaon, you can just ride a taxi to reach Shirdi.

3. By Air - Shirdi doesn't have its own airport. The nearest airport is at Aurangabad. Here are some flights from Delhi to Aurangabad:
    • Air India AI 441 - Departs at 18:00 and arrives at 20:00. Fare is at Rs. 7,934 per passenger.
    • Air India AI 887 - Departs at 7:00 and arrives at 16:05. Fare is at Rs. 9,160 per passenger.
    • Air India AI 349 - Departs at 3:50 and arrives at 16:05. Fare is at Rs. 9,595 per passenger.
    • Air India AI 657 - Departs at 8:00 and arrives at 16:05. Fare is at Rs. 9,595 per passenger.
    • Jet Airways 9W 302 - Departs at 9:45 and arrives at 17:50. Fare is at Rs. 9,089 per passenger.
    • Jet Airways 9W 358 - Departs at 10:30 and arrives at 17:50. Fare is at Rs. 9,089 per passenger.
    • Jet Airways 9W 316 - Departs at 11:30 and arrives at 17:50. Fare is at Rs. 9,089 per passenger.
    • Jet Airways 9W 362 - Departs at 17:45 and arrives at 17:50. Fare is at Rs. 9,089 per passenger.
    From Aurangabad, you can just ride a taxi to reach Shirdi. Or you can board buses as well, since the distance is about 114 kms which can roughly take about 2 hours or more to cover. Here are some bus timings:
    • Rajlaxmi Tavels - They have AC Sleeper Buses which departs at 6:46 am and 7:00 am. These buses arrive at 8:30 am and 9:01 am. Fare is at Rs. 300 per passenger. They depart from the Baba Petrol Pump in Aurangabad.
    Yes, I've mentioned it above, there's only one train directly going from Delhi to Shirdi:
    • Kalka Sainagar Shirdi Super Fast Express Train No. 22456 - Departs from Delhi during Sundays and Thursdays at 23:55. It arrives on Sainagar Shirdi during Mondays and Fridays at 22:15. Journey is around 22 hours or more.
    This train departs from the Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station in Delhi.

I've mentioned this above as well. The nearest airport to Shirdi is at Aurangabad. There are direct flights from Delhi to Aurangabad. Cheapest flight is at Rs. 7,934 and most expensive is at Rs. 9,595.

I hope this helps!

3. Shuchi

Shuchi New Member

I am the lonely person want to visit Shirdi on 15 oct,i got a confirmed ticket in Goa Express it will reach about early in the morning 4 AM in kopargaon.

Q1: Is any transportation available in the morning 4 AM??? What's the cost of to reach temple premises

Q2: Should I book hotel right now or rooms are easily available there at same time.

Q3: I belong to lower middle class so please suggest budget hotel also.

Thanks in Advance. Please reply.

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Distance from Kopargaon to Shirdi is just over 15Kms and transportation is available at 4AM. There are buses and shared autos available as well. I have no idea how much it costs but it should be minimal due to the short distance.

You will be using public transport and most likely an auto rickshaw to find hotels and those guys have commissions. Walking into a hotel automatically raises the price. It is best to book your hotel in advance using an app like OYO rooms.

Have a look at Shirdi hotels thread and see if you like any of those or you could use OYO rooms application to find one that fits your budget. Another option is to book a room at one of the ashrams run by Shirdi sai baba trust who offer rooms at reasonable prices.

5. Shuchi

Shuchi New Member

thanks for your reply..

But as per my query all hotels checkin time is 10 AM and its so difficult to spend 6 hrs outside ...

6. arunava basu

arunava basu New Member

Admin likes this.
  7. AA99

AA99 New Member

Visiting the Sai Baba Mandir in Shirdi from Delhi is a meaningful journey. Here's how you can reach Shirdi from Delhi by train or flight:

By Train:

1. Direct Trains: As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, there were no direct trains from Delhi to Shirdi. However, you can take a train to a nearby major railway station and then continue your journey to Shirdi by road or another train. The nearest railway station to Shirdi is Sainagar Shirdi (SNSI).

2. Delhi Train Station: You can catch a train from one of the major railway stations in Delhi, such as New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS) or Old Delhi Railway Station (DLI), depending on the train's route. Common routes involve taking a train to Mumbai or Pune and then connecting to Shirdi by road.
    By Flight:

1. Nearest Airport: The nearest airport to Shirdi is Shirdi Airport (SAG), also known as Shirdi International Airport. This airport is well-connected to various major cities in India, including Delhi.

2. Flight Options: You can book a flight from Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) in Delhi to Shirdi Airport (SAG). Airlines like Air India, IndiGo, and SpiceJet operate flights on this route.

3. Cost: Flight ticket prices can vary depending on the time of booking, availability, and class of travel. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, a one-way flight from Delhi to Shirdi could cost anywhere from approximately ₹3,000 to ₹10,000 or more, depending on factors such as the airline, class, and how far in advance you book. Prices may have changed, so it's advisable to check with airlines or travel websites for current rates.
    Please note that travel information can change, and it's a good idea to check the latest train schedules, availability, and flight options when planning your trip to Shirdi, especially if you're traveling after my last knowledge update in September 2021. Also, consider the convenience and cost factors when choosing between train and flight options for your journey to Shirdi.