1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to save money in India?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Ashvin, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Ashvin

Ashvin New Member

Hello everyone on India Travel Forum.

I have recently shifted base to India from Canada. I had been in Canada for 8 years and as you all probably know the living expenses in Canada have risen incredibly with a family and only one earner in the house it had started becoming difficult.

Although shifting to India has helped, I have also realized that in India the expenses are on the higher side too.

I know there are a lot of people out there who have some fab tips and tricks on saving money and a way to get around to managing very well while living in India, as well as enjoying the small fun, trips out to restaurants and holidays.

I always believe that it's good to get advice from anyone.

Waiting to hear about some money-saving suggestions.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Here are some tips on how to save money in India:

• Create a budget and stick to it. This is the most important step in saving money. You need to know where your money is going before you can start saving it. There are many different budgeting methods out there, so find one that works for you and stick to it.
    • Set savings goals. Once you have a budget, you can start setting savings goals. These goals can be short-term, like saving up for a vacation, or long-term, like saving for retirement. Having specific goals will help you stay motivated to save money.
    • Automate your savings. One of the best ways to make sure you're saving money is to automate your savings. This means setting up a system where a certain amount of money is automatically transferred from your checking account to your savings account each month. This way, you don't even have to think about it.
    • Cut back on unnecessary expenses. Take a close look at your spending and see where you can cut back. Are you spending too much on eating out? Do you have subscriptions you don't use anymore? Once you identify your unnecessary expenses, you can start cutting back on them.
    • Make more money. If you're struggling to save money, you may need to find ways to make more money. This could mean getting a part-time job, starting a side hustle, or asking for a raise at work.
    • Invest your savings. Once you have a good amount of money saved up, you can start investing it. This is a great way to grow your money over time. There are many different investment options available, so do some research and find one that's right for you.
    Saving money can be challenging, but it's definitely possible. By following these tips, you can start saving money today and reach your financial goals in the future.