1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Vacation

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Ted, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Ted

Ted New Member

I am planning to stay for over 2 weeks in different cities in India, but I am not sure if I will be willing to have Indian food every day. Are there other choices of restaurants that serve non-Indian food?

2. Cookie

Cookie Member

I'd be interested to know that too Ted. I'm kind of assuming that there are hardly any places on earth that don't have a McDonalds...India included (can anyone confirm this?). Sometimes only a Big Mac will satisfy my craving for junk food!

3. Andre

Andre New Member

I have seen some photos of cities in India. In the back ground they had a McDonalds. I think you'll be fine and can find the junk food you crave. I think it is more interesting to eat the local cuisine and save the junk food for my return home.

4. Barbiebarbie73

Barbiebarbie73 New Member

They have all sorts of food in India, its not limited to Indian food. They have KFC and pizza hut and pretty much all the popular chains. But why not try authentic food while you have the chance?

5. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

It depends on what kind of restaurants you are visiting. If the restaurant you are visiting to caters only to the local people, you will find local food. However, in a restaurants that caters to foreigners as well, you can find European or American dishes.

6. Kyle

Kyle New Member

I am pretty sure you can find restaurants that serve other cuisines as well. I loved Indian food so much that I didn't really look for any during my last visit.

7. Maple

Maple New Member

The junk food chains definitely have a strong international presence. Personally, I prefer eating locally when I am away from home. American cuisine doesn't excite me too much when we're home, let alone when we're somewhere different.