1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranthambore National Park suggestions

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by Rahulsingh42, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Rahulsingh42

Rahulsingh42 New Member

Hi

Has anyone here made this trip recently? What it is like there and is it the good time to visit Ranthambore? I am a solo (Indian) traveller and want to make this trip by public transport. Can you help me with some of my basic questions:

1. How to reach Ranthambore?
    2. Which is the nearest railway station?
    3. What is the cost of Ranthambore Jeep Safari?
    4. What are the options of accommodation there and is it possible to make this trip in a day without staying back in Ranthambore?
    5. Any other must visit places nearby?

Thanks for all your suggestions
    Rahul Singh

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

You have not mentioned where you would be coming from so cannot provide specific information on that. I have been there by road from Delhi via Jaipur and Ajmer highway. After Ajmer the roads up to Ranthambore national park get a bit dodgy so not advisable to travel at night. Takes over 8 hours drive from Delhi.

Nearest train station I believe is Sawai Madhopur.

I did a jeep safari back in 2007 and as soon as I returned the jeeps were banned and only battery operated vans were being allowed so I am not sure if they do jeep safari any more. I cant remember how much I paid back then.

Spotting a tiger can take days some times depending on how good or bad your guide is and how lucky you are. It is not a one day affair by any angle. I would give it atleast 3-4 days if time is a problem.

There is another jeep safari organized by one Banna ji (every one knows him there ask your hotel) and the cost in 2007 was Rs2000 which included our lunch by the river side. There was also a boat ride for about half an hour. Good experience over all, worth the money. This is outside the park not inside.

3. Shitish

Shitish New Member

Glad I came across this thread, I didn't know there was a station at Sawai Madhopur. How long would the journey be from Delhi?

4. SanjayP

SanjayP New Member

Making a day trip to Ranthambore is not advised, it would tire you out a lot. Staying at an accommodation at Ramthambore is a good idea, and the get to be in the clean air with the beautiful garden surroundings is something to experience.

5. PavanGhai

PavanGhai New Member

How long would it take to get to Ranthambore from Delhi?

6. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Distance between Delhi and Ranthambore is almost 400Km. It would normally take a little over 8 hours if you don't take frequent breaks. The last stretch of the road is a little difficult so make sure you get to Ranthambore well before sun set.

7. Anurag

Anurag Member

When going to Ranthambore, you will find a lot of accommodation options there, it is advisable that you see all the options as priced vary a lot, and when I first went there it took a good half an hour to explore the place then finally get accommodation. Vatika Resorts is a decent place to stay, good rooms and a private are for you to relax in the lawn area.