1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some questions about India tour

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Camryn, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Camryn

Camryn New Member

Hi

I am going to India for a month, but India is so big that I am unable to decide my itinerary till now. I will start my trip from New Delhi and want to go till Kerala in a month, but before I set my itinerary I have few questions:

Is India a safe country to visit? (Terrorism and extremists)
    Is it safe for backpacking? (Especially for women)
    What is the best mode of transport in India and how expensive it is?

Please let me know if you have any more suggestions and I will be happy to know your stories too.

Thanks a lot,
    Camryn

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Absolutely! India is a very safe country and all you need is common sense to stay out of trouble.

I dont really see many solo female travelers and I honestly feel that it would be a good idea to be part of a group as opposed to going solo.

Trains are the way to go if you are not going from one corner of the country to another in which case taking a flight would be advisable. Trains are by far the cheapest way to travel as they are subsidized by the government. Train tickets in India are one of the cheapest in the world if not "the" cheapest.

Welcome to India travel forum.

3. roteiro

roteiro New Member

One of the most important pieces of advice is that you should book all your hotels and accommodation in advance. It is very important when you travel to a country with different language and culture. I travel a lot, and I always book hotels online on websites that are reputed. It is very useful and reliable indeed. Keep this in mind ;)