1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temperature in Mumbai Right Now

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by RajDevgun, Jul 7, 2016.

1. RajDevgun

RajDevgun New Member

I need to make plans to go Mumbai, which is not urgent, but it is something which I would rather get over and done with.

The worst thing is the weather, In Delhi, it is very hot and humid, and I don't want that when traveling to Mumbai, it just makes the whole trip horrible.

I would like to know what the temperature in Mumbai right now is and what kind of weather I can expect. Just if no one notices the date of the post, I want to know the weather from 7th July 2016 to a week from this date.

Please also suggest if the current time is not good to travel Mumbai when the best and earliest time would be to travel according to the weather?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

So today, the temperature in Mumbai is 30°C. Now, here's a list of the temperatures for Mumbai for the following days:
    • July 8 - 29°C
    • July 9 - 29°C
    • July 10 - 29°C
    • July 11 - 29°C
    • July 13 - 30°C
    • July 14 - 29°C
    • July 15 - 29°C
    For today's weather, the minimum temperature is 26°C and the maximum is 30°C. During the day, there's periods of showers and interludes of sunshine. At night time, it is mostly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain showers.

Generally, Mumbai experiences more or less the same climate all year round. However, it's monsoon season right now in Mumbai. You can experience some humidity and rain showers. It is better to wait until monsoon season is gone before you visit the city. Some tourists opt to visit Mumbai during the monsoon season but it's not advisable. Some tourist attractions like the Elephanta Caves and Dhobi Ghat are closed. Some areas are also prone to flooding due to heavy rainfalls.

The best time to visit Mumbai is post-monsoon season, from October to March. The weather is pleasant for sightseeing activities during this time. Humidity isn't so high during this time as well and it's mildly cooler. Festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi, Diwali and Bakrid also happen during the months of mid-September to October.

I'd say mid-September would be fine to visit Mumbai. If you can extend it a bit to October, then the better. I hope this helps!