1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timber trail cable car charges

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by Govind, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Govind

Govind New Member

I have joined the forum in the hope to find out what the timber trail cable car charges in Himachal Pradesh are.

My family and I have not planned to stay at the Timber Trail resort, and were wondering if the cable care is available for the general public and if so what are the charges?

I don't have much information about the cable cars, what I do know is that it is available from Shimla. Please also mention the starting and finishing point of the timber trail cable car.

We would be two adults and two children under the age of 12 years.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Govind! Welcome to the forum!

Guests who do not wish to stay in the resort/s can still enjoy riding the cable car operated by the Moksha Group of Hotels management. The cable car ride costs Rs. 770 per person for a two-way round trip. This means, the cable car ride goes two ways, one to the top and another back to the bottom. The whole journey takes about 16 minutes long, 8 minutes on the way up and another 8 minutes on the way down.

The Parwanoo Ropeway connects the two resorts owned by the Moksha Group of Hotels. These two resorts are the following:
    • Timber Trail Heights in Banasar - This is the starting point of the ropeway on the first ride and the ending point on the way back.
    • Timber Trail Resort in Parwanoo - This is the ending point of the ropeway on the first ride and the starting point on the way back.
    These two resorts are located on two different hills in the Shivalik Ranges. They are separated by a deep gorge from each other, hence the need to have a ropeway to connect them. The ropeway goes over the Kaushalya River from below. As the ride progresses, you'd soon realise that you get higher and higher as the objects seemingly get smaller and smaller.

The ropeway is also called as Sky Rail. It can accommodate up to 12 people at a time. The ride is about 1.8 kms long and can take 8 minutes to complete. The height covered by the ropeway is about 5,000 feet. From the ride, you can view the Shivalik Mountain Ranges as well as the Kaushalya River below. The ropeway operates all days of the week, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.

Keep in mind that the ticket is valid for two hours. You can walk around the property for a while and have some meals in the resort's restaurant. Or you can bring your own food as well.

I hope this helps.:)