1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling With Pets

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Neve, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Neve

Neve New Member

How hard is it to travel with your pet to India? Are there hotels or guest houses that are pet friendly? Did you have any experience with this?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I haven't travelled with my pets internationally before, but my thoughts would be that it would be fairly difficult. The reason I say that, is often there's a period of quarantine restriction when bringing animals from different countries - just to make sure there is no disease transmission and things like that. Depending on the duration of your vacation, your pet could very possibly be in quarantine the entire time.

Possibly someone else might have direct experience with this sort of thing, but for me personally I would try and see if a friend or family member could watch my pet while I was away.

3. Living in cities with a pet is very difficult. Many apartment societies have strict guidelines regarding pets. For bringing a pet with you you will have to make sure they are vaccinated properly. But if you have a pet which is big enough to not be allowed in the airplane cabin I suggest you not bring it at all; the airliners will keep them in the luggage cabin and it is not a very hospitable place, and can even get very hot and suffocating for the animals.

4. Voyager

Voyager New Member

I traveled with my pet dog once and went through a harrowing time because there are very few dog-friendly hotels or places in the world. Pets are best kept at home and are not easy to take along when you are traveling.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

That's a great point you make there about it being difficult to find accommodation that is pet friendly. I've found it hard even traveling within my own country to find hotels that allow my dog, so I can't imagine how hard it would be trying to navigate that side of things away from your native country.

6. Seraphina

Seraphina New Member

Personally, I do my pets a favor and leave them home. They only travel with us when they absolutely have to and I honestly wouldn't want to headache o having them on an international trip with me.

7. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

I have no pets thats why i haven't any experience like these, well one can find less number of pet friendly hotels in India.

8. Arianne

Arianne Member

I can't see how a pet would enjoy traveling for hours in a plane and there aren't a lot of tours that allow pets. You wouldn't be able to take it into any of the temples or museums. In my opinion the pet would be better off and safer at home.