1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$100 Fee For Tourist Visa

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Rezonate, Dec 22, 2015.

?

What are the chances choosing india as a travel destination ?

1. 1st choice

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 2 choice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3rd choice

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Last option

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

You may apply for a tourist visa for a fee of $100 with extended 6 month stay optional if you choose to do so. Non-Us residents who are applying have to provide permanent resident information. For other information you may contact the Indian consulate.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I guess the cost of a visa does weigh into my plans to travel - after all, money talks and $100 is a decent chunk of money!

In saying that though I am sure some countries have even more expensive visa costs. I would still go to India despite the visa cost because ultimately it's somewhere I have been wanting to explore for a long time - and we only live once! Can't take money with us when we are gone!

3. Mindy

Mindy Member

Is that standard? I never realized you had to pay that much money for a visa for anywhere. Or is it just if one wants to stay for 6 months?

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I think that visa cost is reasonable comparing it with other countries. Since that visa cost covers six months already, I think it's not that bad at all. For me, I would still choose to travel to India despite that cost of visa because when you want to travel, you really don't think much about money. Of course, you will budget your travel money efficiently, but if you are able to have the best experience exploring other places, money doesn't have that much focus on your decision making.

5. Shaka

Shaka New Member

When you applied for your visa was it hard to get? Did you have to give them your airline ticket, hotel, and other information. When I went to China the first time it was a lot easier to get my visa. On the last trip I made there it was rather a complicated process to get my visa. I'm just wondering about India and how complicated it is to get a visa for there.

6. Mindy

Mindy Member

When I travelled to Europe, I didn't have to pay anything for a visa. However, I was only planning on being there for 3 weeks. Does the timeframe make a difference, or is just India, in general?

7. Teheura

Teheura New Member

I think this price is normal for a lot of countries now. I know when I visited China a few years back I paid $75 for my visa. The price has gone up in the last few years. I'm not sure how much it costs today.

8. Nita

Nita New Member

A 100 dollar visa is reasonable nowadays. I have traveled to a few palaces that only allow you to stay for 30 days. While other places allow you to stay up to 90 days. It all depends on the country and the visa laws. But today most countries who require a visa charge around 100 dollars for this visa.

9. Daira

Daira New Member

I agree with the others who said that the cost is relatively reasonable. You can't really argue with what a country does these days as far as fees go unless it's outright extortion.

10. summertime

summertime New Member

It's frustrating that you need to pay money to go somewhere else on this planet. Visa fees right now are relatively low, it's true, but $100 is a lot of money in many parts of the world. Is this the standard visa price for India regardless of where you're coming from? It would be great if the common practice was to have visa fees which correlate with a country's standard income.

11. TravelCheap3

TravelCheap3 Member

If you're staying for around 6 months you'll have to pay that but I mean if you're there for that long just make sure it's worth it. The longest I've ever traveled to India for was for 3 weeks.

12. summertime

summertime New Member

I suppose you're right, the experience of being in India for even just a few days is surely worth $100 - I'm just frustrated that it's a requirement, if you understand what I'm trying to say.