1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ajmer Shatabdi Food

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by ChaiNashta, Mar 6, 2016.

1. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

Could someone please tell me if lunch is served on Ajmer shatabdi as it reaches Ajmer just after noon. Food on shatabdi trains these days has gone from bad to worse but what can us poor passengers do about it? Nothing I guess. I hope the new rule of food being handled by Indian railways staff might help which is right now served by highest bidding contractor who try to cut cost on everything to maximise their profits.

I hope some one can provide me with timings of food served on Ajmer Shatabdi.

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I wasn't able to find out all the information, but this is what I got.

Tray served after departure contains samosa, namkeen, tea, veg sandwich, shikanji drink, mineral water bottle snacks.; Served Tomato Soup with small Amul Butter, and small pepper and salt packet and breadsticks before dinner..; In Dinner Roti, Panner/Chicken,Daal, Curd, Pickle and Salad and at last Ice-Cream; this is veg menu ; In non veg chicken masala is served

So, they serve food after departure for the on-board catering. It is rated 6 out of 10.