1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Places To Avoid?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Mindy, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Mindy

Mindy Member

Are there any places in India in particular that I would NOT want to visit? For people who have never been, it would be helpful to know where NOT to look.

2. lstryhrn

lstryhrn New Member

Women should use caution when travelling in India. Reported cases of sexual assault against women and young girls are increasing; recent sexual attacks against female visitors in tourist areas and cities show that foreign women are also at risk. British women have been the victims of sexual assault in Goa, Delhi, Bangalore and Rajasthan and women travellers often receive unwanted attention in the form of verbal and physical harassment by individuals or groups of men. Serious sexual attacks involving Polish, German and Danish women travellers have been reported so far in 2014. Women travellers should exercise caution when travelling in India even if they are travelling in a group.

If you are a woman travelling in India you should respect local dress codes and customs and avoid isolated areas, including beaches, when alone at any time of day.

3. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

Avoid loney or baren places.. try to be in the crowd and dont go out in late night hours, be brave and smart..

4. Mindy

Mindy Member

Oh, gosh! I didn't even think about the dress code! I would hope that if I wear jeans and a T-shirt that would be acceptable. Right?

5. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I was wondering if there are some paces to avoid like in New York City. Bronx and Brooklyn are infamous and tourist should avoid them. Do you have in your biggest cities some gang districts? Some parts of town that are known to have been dangerous and hostile. I am not aware of criminal rates in your country by region or by cities. I believe these things should transparent to everyone coming in every country. It would be a nice way to stay off trouble. I like to wander around where ever I go so this info could come in handy.