1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Hostels Common In Smaller Indian Cities?

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Namiee, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Namiee

Namiee New Member

Hey, guys!

So, I'm an avid fan of India, and I make sure to go there once a year to see a new city each time. However, for my break during the week of Christmas, I was hoping to get away from the larger cities, and escape to something smaller and more scenic.

In that event, I'm also traveling with a group, and would prefer to stay in a hostel. I've come across a hostel just outside of Delhi, but that's about it. I've never done much exploring beside tourist guides throughout India, so I don't know if hostels are common, or not.

Are they? If not, what's the best way to get a good deal on a hotel? Should I just use AirBNB or something similar?

Thanks!

Chahal likes this.

2. Aja

Aja Member

You are fortunate to be able to visit every year. I, myself, prefer smaller bed and breakfasts. It is more personal, and the locals can usually reccomend places to visit that others don't even know about.

3. Barty

Barty New Member

Some hotels can be really nice. I prefer hotels to bed and breakfasts whenever I stay in a big city. I like to be in one of the highest floors and have a nice view of the city.

4. Jani

Jani New Member

I have never stayed in a hostel before. I always thought that they were specifically for students or younger people. Was I wrong about that?

5. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

hostels are a good way to save money and be economical when you are traveling. I'm pretty sure India has a few of them. Any popular traveling destination usually have hostels. Jungle Hostel in Delhi has had pretty good reviews and many backpackers have stayed there you can also try Moustache Hostel also in Delhi. If you want something out of Delhi Zostel in Jaipur has very good reviews also.

6. RBean

RBean New Member

I have a friend who stays in hostels whenever he is traveling in Europe. He says they are a lot less costly and you meet interesting people staying at them. He says there are hostels all around the world if you look for them. I'm sure if you look online you could probably find some in India as well.

7. Shaka

Shaka New Member

I personally love the small hostels. The families that run these places are superb. I feel that staying in a hostel you'll have a much better feel of the country and the people who live there. I am not much on hotels or motels when I travel. I even love to find camping facilities to stay at.

8. Dakota

Dakota New Member

I prefer a hostel to a large hotel. I think you have a better chance to get to know the people. Plus some of the food they prepare in hostels is out of this world. You can't find cooking like that anywhere else.