1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You Sure Your Privacy Is Secured?

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Elaine Lat, May 10, 2016.

1. Elaine Lat

Elaine Lat Member

Hotels and its staff pride themselves in providing the best services for their customers. Guest policies in turn must be strictly adhered to in turn to get the best possible experience you want.

But there would be a time when a traveler would prefer cheaper lodging instead and the question of privacy and security would not surface as soon as they should be since the only thing in your mind at the moment is to save money. This is also why people should not really skimp on where they should be staying.

If it cannot be helped, there are a few tricks online that can be done before settling yourself in a room that was provided for you, especially if you are a woman traveling alone.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Privacy and security are important to the hotel in question, aswell as the guests though as it will have a reputation to keep. Hotels reputation is invaluable to them as if they get a bad one, its very hard to get any trust again and especially where security is concerned.

The cost of the hotel in my opinion is mainly only due to the standard of the rooms, rather than the service or any other aspect.

3. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

That's why you have to pay up for classy hotels. There's a lot less chance of some perv in a two way mirror looking at you in your room, and there's even less chance of "questionable" linen since the more expensive ones try to justify the price, and change their linen whenever a new occupant is scheduled to arrive in the room. It is also more secure, as more expensive hotels have more guards stationed, as well as security cameras and locks that can protect your valuables. It is really a lot better to shell out more, because you will feel more secure that way.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Sometimes you don't always get what you pay for, but I think when it comes to hotels that isn't the case. The more you pay, the higher the standards usually and that includes the room and features provided along with your privacy, safety and security.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

This concept scares me a bit, to be honest - I have read articles about hotel owners before who had literally poked holes in walls to be able to spy on tenants there getting undressed and all sorts of things like that. I can't remember what country it occurred in, but it certainly made me think about safety and security. As a solo female traveller too, that's something that always has to be in my mind. Sure, I might not have the biggest budget to pay for 5 star hotels or anything, but I do think that it's important to check reviews, and really get a feel for the environment of a place before you book anything. And I would always say, if you get a weird feeling or something seems amiss/creepy, just check out. Find somewhere else to stay. It's not worth feeling uneasy, and I think a lot of the time our gut instincts prove to be right.