Backpackers in India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Fairwalk, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Fairwalk

Fairwalk New Member

We are planning a backpack trip in north India this Feb and we are planning to visit Delhi, Rishikesh, Kullu and Dharamshala for 2 months. First, we wanted to stay at any hostel, but pics of hostels on the internet are not very convincing, so now we have decided to find some mid-range guest houses and hotels. Do we have any other options or can you suggest anything which can help us here.

We do not intend to pay more than $20 a day for our stay, any options or suggestions are appreciated.

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

At the three destinations other then Delhi it should not be a problem finding a room for $20 per night. Longer duration stays get cheaper pe night but you will have to bargain hard.

3. Aadi

Aadi Member

If you do not want to spend more than $20 a day on stay, then Paharganj is the best fit for you in Delhi, there are many mid-range and budget hotels in Paharganj where you can find a nice and comfortable room for less than Rs. 1000 ($16 approx.), same applies for Kullu and Dharamshala too. Most of the guest houses and hotels in Kullu and Dharamshala are available between INR. 800 to 1200 ($14-$20), and in Rishikesh consider staying in a Dharamshala where you can practice Yoga and Meditation too.

4. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

For $20 a night the bathroom that comes with the room is not going to be very pleasant sight if you ask me. If you even want a half decent clean bathroom then make it atleast $30 per night. If I was you I would spend lesser on food instead and go for a better room. Cutting down your breakfast alone and eating oats that you make yourself using hot water will spare you that much more money and is a lot more healthier as well for breakfast.

Just my opinion :)