1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bed And Breakfasts?

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Jani, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Jani

Jani New Member

Does anyone know if there are bed and breakfast type accomodations in India? I prefer these to hotels, as they are generally more cozy and friendly.

2. You're in luck! There are tons of bed and breakfast places in India, although some will call themselves guesthouses. Many are run by one person or a family and will give you the friendly feel you want. We are planning to stay in this type of place too.

3. Ramgarh Heritage in Panchkula, India sounds like a bed and breakfast I’d like to stay in. It reads as if its full of history and luxury. Only problem is there are not a lot of forum post about this particular place. I am curious if anyone has photos or personal experiences of their own?

I love rural areas, countryside, and anything with deep history. If this bed and breakfast isn’t on your traveled list is there one that you would recommended?

4. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

There are many options, and many more boutique hotels. It really depends on your budget. We can give you a few suggestions if you have an idea of how much you spend. For longer stays, though, I recommend looking at the offerings on AirBnB. They can provide great places to stay at low cost.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

India as a tourist resort is becoming more and more popular, and so along with that comes everything that goes with it. You can find a range of places to stay now in most parts of India from expensive 5 star hotels, all the way down to self contained apartments and that includes the bed and breakfast aswell.

6. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

A big question, too, is why get locked into the hotel breakfast? It can be great, but India offers so many wonderful dishes and cuisines, you should go out and try new restaurants everyday. I think a bed and breakfast would be nice, but it is limited.

7. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

If you check online for room listings, I'm sure you can see which hotels in the area you're going have bed and breakfasts. Some also offer free wifi, a good view of a famous landmark, or even a laundry room where you can take care of your dirty clothes. The best part of the internet age: you don't have to go to different hotels anymore to compare. You can just do it online, and you can just choose whatever suits your needs best.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I do agree with you, I think being able to enjoy breakfast at your hotel is more of a convenience issue more than anything else.

You at least know that it's available, and then the first thing you don't have to do everything morning is look for somewhere to eat, that's already sorted so you can then get on with the rest of your day.

9. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! There surely are bed and breakfast accommodations in India as well. Here's a few that I know of:
    • In New Delhi, India: Bajaj Indian Home Stay, Seclude Ramgarh and Cameo Homes.
    • In Jaipur, India: Raika's B&B, Blessings Jaipur and Srihara Homestay.
    • In Goa, India: Siolim House and Seclude Varca Beach.
    • In Mumbai, India: Dev Shelters.
    • In Kasol, India: Parvati Woods Kasol Cottage.
    These hotels offer overnight accommodation with a free breakfast. The prices vary, depending on the amenities and the services of the accommodation. But they're mostly affordable as compared to other hotels. They are usually managed by an individual or one person only which makes them more comfortable and cozy.

I hope this helps!

10. Elaine Lat

Elaine Lat Member

There are actually a lot of bed and breakfast establishments in India since it is a known tourist destination. There are actually so many options in Mumbai alone and although some are considered luxurious, there are a few that won't be asking customers to shell out so much but still offer decent food and lodging. I've already looked up some and the prices are pretty reasonable too, since there's a certain website that shows the exchange rate in peso and I'm able to see if I can afford it.