1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Destination In Nepal

Discussion in 'Nepal' started by Salman, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Salman

Salman New Member

I plan to visit Nepal after a few months for sightseeing as well as some adventure. Which is the best destination to travel to in Nepal, or is it only the capital city Kathmandu?

2. Travguy

Travguy Member

Kathmandu is a great city with many tourist attractions - my friend has just returned and has good things to say. But if you plan to go mountaineering then you may need to travel up north to the Himalayas.

3. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

It depends on your priority. If you love mountains, you can go to trekking and mountain expedition on Everest, Annapurna, Langtang etc. If you want to see urban areas, Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Patan are good places. Sadly, many ancient monuments are destroyed by April 25 earthquake.

4. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I wonder what are some good romantic destinations in Nepal? Going up to mountain vista and having a picnic with champagne is my first thought, especially if there is some shrine or close temple to be a backdrop. But there are probably more that I have no idea about.

5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Try not to open that Champagne while sitting on the steps of a temple or shrine in Nepal :) . Nepal is predominantly a Hindu country and temples are considered holy and alcohol unholy. This is one reason why some cities in India (may be in Nepal as well) are declared holy cities like for example Haridwar and you won't find any liquor stores and restaurants cannot sell non-vegetarian food there (to the best of my knowledge).

6. Geena

Geena New Member

You should definitely give a visit to Pokhara as well.

It's a bit more expensive than Kathmandu, but the sceneries are as spectacular. And if you're coming from India or planning to relax after the hiking, this place would be the best to recharge and recover. The Phewa Lake is incredibly astounding too!

7. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Wow @Geena - I just looked up Pokhara online to see some pictures - and you're right, the scenery really is spectacular! The beautiful snow capped mountains reflecting on the water just looks amazing! One picture I saw had these beautiful brightly colored boats on the lake - do you know if you can rent them and go rowing on the lake, or something? I couldn't tell if they were public or privately owned boats!

Geena likes this.
  8. Geena

Geena New Member

Hey @amelia88,

I think the picture you saw is probably at Phewa Tal (Fewa Lake). You can certainly take a boat ride or row your own boat as you please. They're certainly not privately owned. Those paddle boats are really fun and they're not as light as they look. If you're down by the lake side in the early morning, you're going to love that morning mystic atmosphere it gives.

amelia88 likes this.
  9. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

@Geena thank you for the information! Even more reason to visit there - it sounds like somewhere that I would really enjoy. I love nature and the outdoors and I feel like getting to be out on a boat on that lake would be incredible.

Geena likes this.
  10. Geena

Geena New Member

Happy to help, @amelia88.

I'm glad to hear that's something you would really enjoy. Sounds like you appreciate nature a lot and that's so nice to hear.

These boat rides are fantastic and beyond incredible for me. There's actually a small temple in the middle of the lake that you can visit. What's also very nice is to walk along the lake side. There are also a few restaurants around if you want to just sit and relax and to enjoy the view and especially the sunset.