1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Places to Visit in India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by FedrickTester, Jun 22, 2016.

1. FedrickTester

FedrickTester New Member

I am someone who would love to visit India, and it has been a while now since I have been researching on the country and finding out about the different parts of the country. There is just so much to see in India, and it has become quite confusing to know which part of India should be visited.
    As a first timer in India, I would like to get some help from members to see which are the best places to visit in India.

My initial plan would be to be in India for 14 days. Then I would probably come back again to explore some more as it would not be possible to see India in just a duration of 14 days.

2. Kritika

Kritika New Member

Hey first of all Welcome to the Forum, and India.
    As this is your first time in India than it would be very much possible that you would be little bit in dilemma about where to start from. India is like huge and diverse and vibrant, everyone seems like either in hurry or in rest or no hurry. According to my suggestion I would like you to commence your journey with Varanasi or Mathura if you are visiting soon or in coming month, as a matter of fact festive seasons are starting here and especially in the monsoon season , Varanasi completely surprises you. After that you could either go to south India or East/ North Eastern part of India, where you can witness whole new India apart from common perception.
    And if you want to be on the safe side than go for Rajasthan, the royal state of the country with amazing Forts and Palaces, Lakes , Gardens ,Temples and many more you. After that you could visit New Delhi, Agra, and parts of Mumbai, and one more thing do not bound yourself to fixed plans and sophisticated journey, be spontaneous and hire a car or taxi, bike anything and a map in your hand and just go on to explore some great and astonishing places in the lanes of Agra, New Delhi and Mumbai, for which they are known for. This will create memoir for your next trip.
    Wishing you would have a great trip to India, home for every soul.

3. Linda Nyabundi

Linda Nyabundi New Member

You are right! 14 days is not enough to see the whole of India considering its size and population. However, there are some places that you must visit or see during your 14 days trip.

Goa is one place that you must visit especially since you are young and energetic. It has a vibrant nightlife, all kinds of alcohol and beach snacks and all these at amazingly cheap prices. This place is a must visit

Kashmir is another must visit. This place with its charm, beautiful nature, colorful plants and a water body is literally heaven on earth. You will enjoy the tranquility and calm of Kahsmir and forget about everything stressful in your life

Leh Ladakh is also another place you must visit when in India. You will enjoy the crazy ride on the winding roads of the area and have an opportunity to camp on the Desert Mountains with the locals.

Banaras is also a must visit. This is the oldest city in the world for God’s sakes, why wouldn’t you want to visit? The place is spiritual and full of believers. You get to watch the beautiful ghats and take a ride along the calm banks.

The Taj mahal in Agra is no doubt a must see. It is the seventh wonder of the world. This majestic monument is a must see.

If you are adventurous or a dare devil then Bhangarh fort should be in your list. It is believed that the inhabitants of this place all vanished in a day. Are you ready to explore?

Last but not least is Mumbai. The city never sleeps and is beautifully colored by so many lights making it lively. You get to experience the vibrant nightlife and Bollywood first hand.

These are just a few places to visit. Some may take only a day to visit or see while others may take a few days and all of them should exhaust your 14 days. Happy visiting

4. cecejailer

cecejailer New Member

I hope I can visit India soon, these places the above person described sound amazing. I think India is the best place to go for the goal I'm trying to achieve, spiritual mindfulness. This forum is great, I'm already planning my trip!

5. Danny Luke

Danny Luke Member

If it's your very first time to go to India, I highly recommend that you make Agra the first item in your itinerary. There's a reason why Agra is the most visited city in the whole country. the city is home to the world-famous Taj Mahal which is one of the most iconic symbols of love ever built. Agra is also a vibrant city with traditions and culture that you can truly enjoy.