1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Places to Visit in June in India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by SunRick, Jun 26, 2016.

1. SunRick

SunRick New Member

My brother and I are both from London but are Indian by origin, every time we come to India, it is only for like a week or two and that too because of a wedding or something. This time, both of us have booked our next years holidays, and we were able to get a whole month off during the month of June.

We want to know what are the best places to visit in June in India. Keep in mind we have a whole month available, so give a list of all the places, and we will work out an itinerary.

2. Danny Luke

Danny Luke Member

Here are a few suggestions that I got from a travel blog that I regularly read. You mentioned that you have a whole month to spend in the country so I think you can cover all of these interesting activities.
    1) Party and have fun in Goa.
    2) Climb the majestic mountains and hills of Mcleodganj,
    3) Explore the colorful valleys of the ever-changing Srinagar.
    4) Go scuba diving in the cool and clear waters of Andaman.
    5) Camp under the stars in Ladakh.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

June is considered as the peak of summer season in India. Since summers can be quite hot and humid, the best destinations would be hill stations where it's cooler and more comfortable. The majority of the places I would give you here are just that, hill stations. Although there are a few other destinations aside from hill stations only. Here they are:

Ooty

• Botanical Garden. Just explore the park and be whisked away by its beauty. Lots of flowers and plants to be seen under the cool weather.
    • Tea Factory. See how teas are processed and made. You can even bring home some souvenirs for yourself and your family.
    • Ooty Lake. A manmade lake perfect for having a picnic or even for boating.
    • Doddabetta Peak. Offers a picturesque view of the surroundings.
    • Mudumai National Park. Home to several wildlife species like the Bengal Tiger and leopards.
    Munnar
    • Attukad Waterfalls. If you like adventure, the route to reach Attukad Waterfalls is quite challenging. Once you reach the waterfalls, you'll be amazed by its beauty.
    • Muniyara Dolmens. These are Neolithic Burial Chambers which has lush vegetation and forestry around it.
    • Echo Point. So named because of the enchanting echo at the peak. The rare flower called Kurunji can also be found here.
    • Eravikulam National Park. It is the home to about 750 species of flowers and plants. It is home to several endangered species of animals as well.
    Lakshadweep Islands
    • Kadmat. Known for its shallow shores that are home to marine life.
    • Kalpeni. You can do water sports here.
    • Minicoy. Perfect for just enjoying the sun and beach with its white sand and blue water.
    Ladakh
    • Pangong Tso Lake. You can just camp beside it or admire its beauty.
    • Tso Moriri Lake. Admire the blue skies along with the green backdrop and blue water of the lake.
    • Nubra Valley. Enjoy the sand dunes and see the famous two-humped camels in here.
    • Shanti Stupa. Consider visiting during the night.
    Kerala
    • Backwaters of Kerala. Take a houseboat and explore the famous backwaters of Kerala.
    • Varkala. Try their ayurvedic massages or the beach in here.
    Gangtok
    • Visit the monasteries here like the Rumtek Monastery, Enchey Monastery and Dodrupchen Monastery.
    Darjeeling
    • Himalayan Zoo. Visit the animals and enjoy the cool climate with greenery all around.
    • Ride the Toy Train.
    Dalhousie
    • Visit the St. Francis and St. James Church here.
    • Kalatop Wildlife Reserve. Covered in thick pine, oak and deodar forestry, perfect for exploring nature and animals.
    That's about it, I hope this helps! If you'd like to escape the heat of the summer, consider these places. Otherwise, explore the beaches in Goa like the Arambol and Palolem ones if you'd like to enjoy the sun. That's another destination you can add in your itinerary.

Good luck!

4. Kritika

Kritika New Member

Well summers in India is not quite pleasant as in London, it is hot, sweaty and humid in here and month of June is the time. So it is not advisable to go some place hot and high temperature, so you could opt for norther part of India with hills and majestic mountains like Himalayalan range, Shivalik range and other mightiest mountains and all the cities situated in the foothills of these hilly regions.
    So my suggestions would be visit Himachal Pradesh, Uttrakhand and Jammu & Kashmir. These places make you feel that even one month is not sufficient to explore all the exquisite and pristine places of India. Have a great tour.

5. arunava basu

arunava basu New Member

June is a difficult time to tour India. Monsoon starts in June all over the country and hill stations do not remain safe as there always looms large the fear of landslide or flash floods. Forest are also out of question as heavy rainfall often floods the interiors and you cannot enjoy anything in the heavy rains. Intense heat and humidity are r factors which prevents people from going to places like Rajastan or Gujarat. So, I think the best places to visit in June or July is Kanataka which has a moderate climate and monsoon in not as severe as in other parts of the country. Besides karnataka is one of the states with most natural resources and beauty. Forests and hills, sea beaches and river banks, coffee plantations, wildlife and what not!!! The state has got five Reserve forests and over twenty game parks. One could also think about visiting the peaceful and cute island of Pondicherry or Puducherry.