1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bird flu in India

Discussion in 'North India' started by ravenrose, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ravenrose

ravenrose New Member

Hi there,

I want to know the current condition of bird flu in North India, I am in Kerala right now and soon I am traveling to New Delhi. Recently I got to know about some cases of bird flu over there, but nobody in Kerala is able to tell me much about it. I will avoid non veg food during my stay in Delhi but I have asthma and it can get very complicated if I catch bird flu there. Please suggest what to do, if it is required, then I can delay my North India trip.

Raven

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

The best person to speak to about this would be your own doctor. Yes there has been news about some cases and deaths in North India. Just avoiding non veg food is no guarantee against swine flu.

3. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

If you are at greater risk of catching such infections then I would say it is best to avoid traveling to places where there are cases of swine flu these days. Once it gets warm I believe things will get better. I myself dont go to crowded places these days and no eggs or poultry for me either.

4. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Bird flu is likely to be endemic to the region for a long time, but will not bee a major concern to travelers. If you can avoid direct contact with meat markets, fresh meat, or live animals, you should be okay. I read recently there are many cases in Punjab, but, again, it can be avoided fairly easily. Moreover, someone in good health will not suffer greatly if they receive treatment and rest.

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Lots of birds have been found dead at different places including Delhi ZOO which has now been closed for public. There are no reports of human infections "yet".