1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bird Watching

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Maple, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Maple

Maple New Member

Is there any specific region that would be especially good for bird watching? Are there any bird sanctuaries in India? My daughter has been getting into bird watching lately and I thought supporting that while on vacation would be a fun memory for her. Seeing birds in a different country and watching the unusual (to us) types would probably also be interesting for my husband and me.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

You have not mentioned what part of the country you would be visiting which makes it a little difficult to suggest something. There are two bird sanctuaries that I personally like Bharatpur bird sanctuary and Ranganathittu. Please follow the links I have provided to read more about them and check out some pictures taken by our members. I hope you like them.

3. Polaroid

Polaroid New Member

I believe there is a good bird sanctuary new the capital city New Delhi. It is called Bharatpur and is full of migratory birds and is also worth a visit. You can hire a car for the trip and you can get back to the city on the same day.

4. I would suggest Karnala Bird Santuary near Mumbai in Panvel. The sanctuary is very small but has quite a few species of birds. It would also bean you can cover the sanctuary easily in a day. The sanctuary has over 150 different species of resident and 37 species of migratory birds which visit the sanctuary during winter.