1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget Hotels In Rajasthan With A Seat Flush Toilet

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Shelly, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Shelly

Shelly New Member

I have booked tickets to visit Rajasthan and still need to book my hotel. The only issue I am worried about is to which kind of toilet we will be in the hotel. I totally hate squat toilets, I find them very uncomfortable and that is the worst thing I want on my vacation. What I need to know from people who have visited Rajasthan or know about the hotels there whether budget hotels have the normal seat toilets or not. If not then in order to get a seat toilet in a hotel what kind of tariffs would apply?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

It really depends what you consider budget. I have been to Rajasthan atleast 20 times and I am yet to find a hotel that has an Indian style toilet. All the ones I have been to and stayed had a western toilet. Quality could be a matter of debate but you do get to sit upright. Even the trains these days have one Indian and one western style in each wagon.

For tariff I would say anything upwards of Rs1500 a night would get you western toilet attached to your room.

I hope this helps.

3. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

You would rarely find a hotel that has Indian style toilets for guests. Anything upwards of Rs1500 per night should provide you with a decent clean room and a good toilet with western seat type toilet.

4. Karan

Karan Member

There are plenty of budget hotels in Rajasthan which have flush toilets. You can easily get a Rs1000 a night room which would give you seat toilet. Now the question is what location are you looking at when in Rajasthan?

5. Deven

Deven Member

I dont think there are any hotels in Rajasthan or anywhere in else in India which would still have the squat toilets, especially in a high populated tourist areas.

6. ARawat

ARawat New Member

Squat toilets are history, you would have found squat toilets in hotels some 20 years back, even villages have seat toilets these days. Hotel who do have squat toilets also have seat toilets as well.

7. JhaPrakash9

JhaPrakash9 New Member

Seems like you last saw India some very long time ago, and remember the squatting toilets. India has changed a lot and has become modernized to some extent. Any two star hotel will have seat toilet.

8. AbhiAwasti

AbhiAwasti New Member

There is a 1% chance that you would find any budget hotel which has a squatting toilet, otherwise all budget hotels have private bathroom with a seat toilet. The actual condition of the toilet maybe be bad but you will find a seat toilet.

9. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I think most hotels in Rajasthan have Western-style toilets. Even the one-star or two-star hotels have Western type of toilets as well. I was able to find some hotels with their tariffs in Rajasthan. These all have modern toilets as well as hygienic surroundings. You would know the price range for budget hotels this way. Here they are:
    • Hotel Pearl Palace. Known as the best budget hotel in Rajasthan, specifically in Jaipur. Rooms are modern as well as their bathrooms. Their Basic Room has an air cooler, television and WiFi. For just Rs. 900 per night, the room feels luxurious and comfortable. You won't have to worry as the bathroom has its own flush toilet with seating as well. Location is at 51 Hathroi Fort , Hari Kishan Somani Marg, Ajmer Road, Near Vidhakpuri Police Station, Jaipur, 302001.
    • Hotel Akashdeep. Another great budget hotel located in Jaisalmer. Their Economical Room is at Rs. 700 per night. Bathrooms are modern with hot and cold shower. They also flush toilets with seating. They also have their own restaurant in the hotel, located in the rooftop. Location is Near Hanuman Circle, Jaisalmer (Rajasthan) India, 345001.
    • Pleasant Haveli. Their Pleasant Cozy Rooms have Western style bathrooms. There's a toilet with flush and seating as well. Television, WiFi and AC are available in all rooms. Rates start at Rs. 2,050 though, a little bit higher. Location is at Chainpura Street , Gandhi Chowk, Jaisalmer, 345001.
    So there you go, expect to pay at least Rs. 700 to Rs. 2,000 for budget hotels. Your other option would be home stays which can be cheaper, as low as Rs. 400 to Rs. 700. They also have Western style bathrooms, at least most of them. You just need to check with the owner beforehand.

Good luck!