1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bungee Jumping In India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Ashwin Mahesh, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Ashwin Mahesh

Ashwin Mahesh Member

Looking for information on professional bungee jumping in India, if anybody has please share it here. I had a breathtaking experience in Phuket, Thailand jumping from more than a 100ft and hitting water from a small pond as you come down. This was a very professionaly executed jump with a certified bungee jump organiser from New Zealand.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

With the increae in tourism in India, while I don't know of any myself, I'd imagine that things like bungee jumping would be getting more and more popular.

I wouldn't do it in a million years, even though I'm sure it's exhilarating but what made you want to go bungee jumping in the first place, just out of curiosity?

Ashwin Mahesh likes this.

3. Ashwin Mahesh

Ashwin Mahesh Member

For me it was just the thrill of free falling, it also took a lot of courage for me to take those final few steps before jumping off. Even though I claim that I am not scared of heights it was an eye opener standing on the edge of platform more than 100 ft in the air, hanging by a thick rope tied to your ankles. I was not even sure if my ankles will be able to support my weight. But alas, it was over in a few seconds.

I don't think I will be able to convince anyone who says they wouldn't do it in a million years, what makes you say that?

4. arthnel

arthnel Member

I wouldn't do it in 10 million years. I think that's for people who would be ready to dimensional crossings, without knowing how the next side would turn out (that takes a of guts). My hats off to you @Ashwin Mahesh. I'm sure you consulted your organizer from New Zealand and I'm hoping some links can be made through them. But what about getting permits and so on from Indian authority? Is there a particular bridge or monument you have an interest in?

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Here are a few locations where you can bungee jump in India:

1. Mohan Chatti, Rishikesh - this is one of the most preferred sites for bungee jumping in India. A Cantilever platform is placed on a cliff (about 83 meters above ground level). It costs about Rs 2500 per jump.

2. Bangalore - the Ozone adventure in Bangalore is another popular bungee jumping spot. The problem is that it is done on a crane and not on a fixed platform.

3. Wanderlust in Delhi - the equipment used by Wanderlust is made in Germany. It is about 130 feet above ground.

4. Goa Gravity Adventure - this one only costs Rs 500 but again, you jump from a crane.

5. Della Adventure in Lonavala - costs about Rs 1500, jumping platform is 45 meters.

I hope this helps!

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

What makes me say I wouldn't do it in a million years? Well I don't like heights firstly, and secondly I like falling from heights even less!

No matter what safety precautions are in place, it's still not something I'd want to even contemplate to be honest, but I can see the thrill of it, and if that's your 'thing' then fair play to you.

7. arthnel

arthnel Member

That really looks like some great information there to help you get organized for your jump in India. It never occurred to me that jumping from a crane would perhaps fit well into possible options, and that's a main reason I love forums like these. I hope you have an exciting time and that you will be absolutely safe so you can come back here and share the experience. I will surely be checking back for that in future.

8. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Ooooh, I know a few people that have bungee jumped in New Zealand, but I think there the standards are really high since they're known as the home of bungee jumping to a lot of people.

I'm sadly also in the camp of people that wouldn't be brave enough to try it. I always think about the "what if something went wrong?" aspect of it and that's just too daunting for me!

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

They say that fear stops people from enjoying life but I'm the same as you. Bungee jumping is definitely something I wouldn't do, and if that means I'm missing out then so be it, I'll learn to live with that, ha!

10. arthnel

arthnel Member

I just can't imagine myself in free fall from such a height. Even with my ankles safely secured I don't think I could even make to the edge and look over without my heart popping out. I wonder what the stats are for deaths or injuries for persons who bungee jump regularly. So many people are doing it so it doesn't seem to have fatality numbers.

11. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I give in to fear sometimes...but just any of those adventure sports is a little too much for me! The closest thing I've done to an 'adventure sport' like that is when I was in Queenstown, New Zealand and I went jet boating. It was pretty crazy, but not as crazy as other people who were skydiving and bungee jumping! Like you, I'm totally okay with missing out on those things! ;)

pwarbi likes this.
  12. Chrisanswer

Chrisanswer New Member

I've seen bungee jumping in Bangalore, and it was relatively cheap compared to the prices I've seen in other countries. Although I agree with some of the other people here, I wouldn't do it in a million years. Maybe I'd like to go up there to see the sites as I imagine there is a good view from the top of that things but the actual jump is not for me

13. mayasupernova

mayasupernova New Member

Wow, bungee jumping has always interested me a lot. I have seen numerous jumps performed in India and also around the globe. It seems to be such a frightening experience. As much as I would love to try it, it just seems so scary. Especially after I heard a lot of instances when the rope just broke, and people died. Made me being scared for my life. I think people who do this are very brave, but also they might not care about their own lives that much. People would to loads of things to raise their adrenaline. I might be there to look, but to do it, I think I am not that brave.

14. arthnel

arthnel Member

I'm still waiting @Ashwin Mahesh to hear some great stories about the jump I hope you were able to find a good company to help you get the right site, and that your preparations are going according plan. I think after doing that you may find other nice things to do on your visit. I'm sure the jump will be the highlight though.