1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus from Delhi to Mumbai

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by DhongiBaba, Aug 11, 2016.

1. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

It is pretty humid these days besides being a bit hot as well so what better than going to Mumbai in such disgusting weather? I hope Mumbai would be even worse than Delhi these days so I dont have to deal with climate change :)

Jokes apart, I am looking for a direct bus from Delhi to Mumbai and back as I do plan to come back to my home and my job. I dont mind a break journey as long as the connecting bus is pre booked and I get a day or two to see the city/town where my journey breaks.

I would appreciate any information about Delhi to Mumbai direct buses and your experience and advise if you have been on this journey.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

Here are your bus options from Delhi to Mumbai:

1. I was able to find direct private buses from Delhi to Mumbai:
    • Rishabh Travels (Non-AC Bus and AC Sleeper Bus) - Departs at 18:30. Duration of journey is about 33 hours. Fare is at Rs. 2,233 per passenger. They have another bus timing as well at 20:00. You would change buses in Udaipur after 7 hours of travel time. The fare for this one is higher at Rs. 4,568 per passenger.
    • Shree Rishabh Travels (AC Seater Bus and Ordinary Bus) - Departs at 18:00 and 19:00. Duration of journey is about 36 hours. Fare is at Rs. 2,400 per passenger for ordinary bus and at Rs. 3,392 per passenger for AC bus.
    • Kamlesh Eagle Travels (AC Seater Bus) - Departs at 17:00. Duration of journey is about 34 hours. Fare is at Rs. 3,200 per passenger.
    These buses have different boarding points: Filmistan, Daula Khan and Shiv Murti. They will drop you off at Mumbai Central MSRTC Bus Depot or at Borivali.

2. If the timings of these buses aren't apt for you, you can also ride a bus going to Udaipur from Delhi. From Udaipur, there are buses going to Mumbai as well. Some of the timings of buses from Delhi to Udaipur are the following:
    • RSRTC Buses - They have two Volvo Buses departing from Delhi at 15:00 and 16:30. There's also one express bus that leaves at 17:01. These buses depart from the Bikaner House Bus Station in Delhi. You will be dropped off at the Udaipur City Bus Depot.
    • Private Buses - A number of private bus operators ply from Delhi to Udaipur. Rishabh Travels is one of them, bus departures are: 6:30 and 7:00 pm. Fare varies but it's between Rs. 550 to Rs. 1,500 per passenger. Another one is Shri Rishabh Travels, bus timings are: 7:00 pm, 7:46 pm, 8:30, 9:00 pm and 9:30 pm. Fare is between Rs. 900 to Rs. 1,600 per passenger. These buses have different boarding points: Filmistan, Daula Khan and Shiv Murti. Drop-off is at Udiapole, in the City Bus Depot.
    From Udaipur, you can board a private bus going to Mumbai. Here are some of their timings:
    • SRS Travels (AC Semi-Sleeper) - Departs at 9:30 am, journey time is about 14 hours. Fare is at Rs. 1,500 per passenger.
    • Shreeji Travel Agency (Seater Bus) - Departs at 3:30 pm, journey time is about 14 and a half hours. Fare is at Rs. 800 and above per passenger.
    • Shrinath Nandu Travels (Seater Bus) - Departs at 3:40 pm, journey time is about 16 hours. Fare is at Rs. 650 and above per passenger.
    • Neeta Tours and Travels (Seater/Sleeper Bus) - Departs at 3:45 pm, journey time is about 14 hours. Fare is at Rs. 1,000 and above per passenger.
    These buses depart from the Udiapole as well. They arrive in the Mumbai Central MSRTC Bus Depot.

3. Another option you have would be to ride a bus going to Ahmedabad from Delhi. From Ahmedabad, you can board a bus going to Mumbai. Here are some of the bus timings from Delhi to Ahmedabad:
    • RSRTC Bus - There's a Volvo Bus departing from Delhi to Ahmedabad operated by RSRTC. It leaves at 15:00 from the Bikaner House Bus Station in Delhi.
    • Private Buses - There are many private buses plying from Delhi to Ahmedabad. One of them is the Vikas Travels, bus timings are: 4:30 pm and 6:00 pm. Duration of journey is about 16 hours. Fare is at Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 2,300. Another one is the Rishabh Travels, bus timings are: 6:30 pm and 7:00 pm. Duration of journey is the same. Fare is at Rs. 800 to Rs. 3,000. These buses have different boarding points: Kashmiri Gate, Khanna Market, Filmistan and Karol Bagh. Their drop-off point is at Shahibaug in Ahmedabad.
    From Ahmedabad, you can board a private bus going to Mumbai. Here are their timings:
    • HK Travels (AC Sleeper) - This departs at 7:30 pm from Ahmedabad. Journey time is about 10 hours or more. Fare is at Rs. 1,500 per passenger.
    • Eagle Falcon Bus (Volvo Sleeper) - This departs at 10:45 pm from Ahmedabad. Journey time is about 8 hours. Fare is at Rs. 1,515 per passenger.
    • Aeroline Travel (AC Sleeper) - This departs at 7:00 pm from Ahmedabad. Journey time is about 9 hours. Fare is at Rs. 1,200 per passenger.
    • Neeta Tours and Travels (AC Seater/Sleeper) - This departs at 10:15 pm from Ahmedabad. Journey time is about 7 and a half hours. Fare is at Rs. 800 to Rs. 1,000 per passenger.
    These buses depart from the Geeta Mandir Bus Stand in Ahmedabad. They will drop you off at the Mumbai Central MSRTC Bus Depot or at Borivali East.

You can do some sightseeing around Udaipur, if you choose that route. Or you can do some sightseeing in Ahmedabad, if you choose that route. You can prebook these buses, just contact them online. Most of these buses are found on RedBus. Then, the RSRTC Buses can be booked from their website.

I hope this helps.:)