1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camping In India

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Joanne, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Joanne

Joanne New Member

Does anyone know if there are camp sites in India. I stayed at a camping facility in Moorea and it was fantastic. I was able to rent a small room, had access to the shared kitchen and bathroom. The rates were reasonable and I was able to do my own cooking. Is there such a place like this in India?

2. Sheba

Sheba New Member

I love camping off the beaten path. I don't have any idea if you can find this in India. You might be stuck in a hostel or some place like this. I'd love to find a place where you can camp and cook your own food.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

There definitely are places to camp, from what I've researched online so far. Are you looking at a particular region of India that you'd like to camp in, or are you just looking for general suggestions? Let me know and I can provide you some of the recommendations I've read up on, and also received from people I know that have traveled there already - it'll make it easier knowing where you plan on heading to! :)

4. Maple

Maple New Member

This is something my husband would totally go for, but I'm not much of the camping type. I do have to say, though, I could probably be more easily persuaded to camp in India than I would be to camp in, say, New York State. ;)

5. Sheba

Sheba New Member

I'd love to camp in India. I have camped in a few places. The camping facilities are fantastic and supply you with all you need. Normally in places like this you can rent a room and use the shared bathroom and shower area. The only thing you need to consider is making sure you bring your own towels and toilet paper. Other than this it can be a lot of fun.

6. violet

violet New Member

I hadn't thought of camping while traveling in India, what a fantastic idea! I'd love to know where the best place for camping is. We camp here at home, in campgronds and by lakes. It would be lovely to camp near a lake or waterfall.

7. Nita

Nita New Member

I too would love to camp in India for a few days. What a fantastic way to see India. I think it would be a wonderful experience to camp there. I just hope if they offer camping we can rent a tent or they have a dorm room for us to sleep in.

8. LMackey

LMackey New Member

We camp occasionally at camp sites near us. I'm curious to know if they offer washrooms in these campgrounds, with showers? I suppose you'd have to go camping during the cooler season and not during their hot and humid season.

9. Joanne

Joanne New Member

I have stayed at a few campgrounds that were very unique. They had an open area designated for tents. They also had small rooms available to sleep in. The rooms came with a king size bed. The rooms were small and the beds were a little hard. But overall it was enjoyable to stay there.

10. JKewe

JKewe New Member

This is a great idea! We are going to be in Kerala - is this a good place for camping? Do you have any campsite recommendations?