1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can You Identify The Place?

Discussion in 'Travel Trivia' started by Debapriya Deb, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

1. 'A' is a hill station in South India which is very popular with trekkers and wildlife enthusiasts.

2. The place (A) has great religious significance also. The highest point has an ancient temple, 'B', situated at an elevation of over 5000 feet.

3. The entire hills is surrounded by a Wildlife Sanctuary, 'C', which is well-known for its elephant population.

4. All the milestones at 'A' are painted in an unusual combination of two colors (D & E), instead of the commonly used white. The change of milestone colors is not for no reason though. It was done to counter against 'F'.

Can you identify A, B, C, D, E and F?

Regards,
    Deb

2. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

It sounds like A could be Thekkady, all fits so far, and the temple B is Mangala Devi Temple. C is the Periyar wildlife sanctuary, but I have no idea about D,E and F. Am I right so far ?

Debapriya Deb likes this.

3. Debapriya Deb

A pretty reasonable guess, I must say.

If the question had only the first three clues, then your answer would have been 'almost' spot on. 'Almost' because the Mangala Devi temple is situated at an altitude of 4380+ feet, but in this case the temple in concern is situated well above 5000 feet elevation.

Also the fourth clue is the most vital point, which can help you to correctly identify the place. Let me know if you want me to include one more clue.

Regards,
    Deb

4. Debapriya Deb

Okay then. Here's one more clue to make it easier for you.

5. 'C' is the same forest which was terrorized by a notorious poacher and forest bandit in the previous decade.

Can you solve the puzzle now or do you want me to share another hint?

Regards,
    Deb

Steve Dawson likes this.
  5. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

This is a great puzzle, I'm afraid my personal knowledge has just about been pushed to the limit and perhaps now I should pass the question over to one of the incredibly knowledgable people I know are also on these forums. I guess the bandit you are talking about must be Veerappen though ?

Debapriya Deb likes this.
  6. Debapriya Deb

You bet! That's Veerappan indeed. And 'A' is Biligirirangana Hills, more popularly known as the BR Hills. Anyone interested in identifying B, C, D, E and F? Or shall I go ahead and disclose the answers?

Regards,
    Deb

Steve Dawson likes this.