1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chennai to Bangalore Volvo Bus

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Manisha, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Manisha

Manisha New Member

I would like to find out if there are any Volvo bus services which are from Chennai to Bangalore. I would prefer the bus to be AC, as it is very hot these days and the journey would be comfortable. I don't mind traveling at night or day which ever is available is fine with me..
    If there is a Volvo bus service from Chennai to Bangalore, please can you provide the following information:

• Where does the bus leave from in Chennai?
    • What is the drop off point in Bangalore?
    • How long would the journey take from Chennai to Bangalore?
    • How much would a ticket cost for the Chennai to Bangalore Volvo bus?
    • What are the timings for the Chennai to Bangalore Volvo bus?

2. Deven

Deven Member

Yes there are Chennai to Bangalore Volvo buses, which run on a daily basis by different operators.

Every bus has different timings, different pick up points and drop off points and costs. The details which I am giving you are for the bus service from Chennai to Bangalore by VRL Travels who have a Volvo A/C Multi Axle Semi Sleeper (2+2) bus.

There are quite a few pick up points in Chennai for the bus by VRL Travels, the first is at 10.00pm where the pick up point would be at T.Nagar oppsite Nathella.
    The other pick up points I would recommend are at 10.35pm at Egmore , near the railway station or at 11.15pm at Koyambedu Omni bus stand which is opposite the market.

Again there are quite a few drop off points in Bangalore. The ones which I would recommend are at 4am at Hosur at the main bus stand or at 5.35am at Anand Rao Circle, which is are the VRL bus stand.

The journey would take around 6 and a half hours.

Cost of the ticket would be between Rs450 - Rs500.

Timing of the Chennai to Bangalore Volvo bus are departure time from Chennai at 11.15pm and arrival time in Bangalore at 5.35am.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes, there are Volvo buses leaving from Chennai and arriving to Bangalore. I'll try my best to answer your questions:

Every bus company has different departure points in Chennai. But to give you a few departure points of different bus companies, here they are:

• Hebron Transports Departure Points: Majestic, Double Road, Madiwala and Silk Board.
    • Paulo Travels Departure Points: Race Course Road, Majestic and Madiwala Police Station.
    • SRM Transports Departure Points: Kalsipalyam, Majestic, Madiwala and Silk Board.
    • Kallada Travels G4 Departure Points: Madiwala and Electronic City.
    With the drop-off points, somehow they resemble each other. It just varies on where exactly it is in Koyambedu, but most of them drops off in the bus station.

• Hebron Transports Drop-off Point: Koyambedu.
    • Paulo Travels Drop-off Point: Koyambedu.
    • SRM Transports Drop-off Point: Koyambedu.
    • Kallada Travels Drop-off Point: Koyambedu.
    It averages from about five hours and can take up to seven hours sometimes.

It depends on what type of AC Volvo bus you take:

• A Multi-Axle Semi Sleeper AC Volvo Bus: Rs 570
    • A Volvo AC Semi-Sleeper: Rs 460
    Here are the timings:

• Hebron Transports - 4:30 am
    • Paulo Travels - 7:30 am
    • SRM Transports - 8:00 am
    • Kallada Travels - 8:00 am
    I hope this helps!

4. Abhi.Sandeep

Abhi.Sandeep New Member

Hi Manisha, from Chennai to Bangalore approximate travel time 6 hrs and the Volvo bus ticket price starts from 434 rs. While booking your seat you can select the boarding point. I am sharing the details please go through this you will get more details about Chennai To Bangalore route.

Chennai To Bangalore Volvo Bus Ticket Booking