1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choose Northern India For An Amazing Mountaineering Expedition

Discussion in 'Trekking and Mountaineering' started by Theodore Rainford, Feb 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Theodore Rainford

Theodore Rainford New Member

The Himalayan region in North India provides the ultimate mountaineering experiences: Breathtaking panoramic views, friendly villagers, wonderful valleys and mountain slopes that will provide the ultimate. exciting challenges for would-be conquerors.
    You should note however it is essential to take along a first aid kit and your gear should also include a high liquid and carbohydrate content. Your gear should not be more than about 25 pounds and packed in the waterproof casing. There are guides and porters available to help you along your journey.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Would you say that this region is okay for people that are decent hikers but not necessarily mountaineers? I'm just curious to know how tough the terrain is. I like that you said there are guides and porters along the way, but I would like to know that I wouldn't be out of my depth before going there!

3. JoJo

JoJo New Member

The pictures of the Himalayan mountains and foothills are beautiful. I understand there are some parks that cater to children in the foothills. They have all kinds of safaris and activities for the children.

4. violet

violet New Member

Theodore, why do you need to bring a lot of liquids and carbohydrates? Is it dryer up in the mountains or does the climbing make you sweat a lot of fluids? I think the first aid kit is always a smart idea for any travels.

5. The Himalayans are a great place to actually get into trekking and mountaineering if you are completely new. There are programs available which run during summer months to 'teach" you mountaineering. It involves rigorous training beforehand so that you are ready for the physical challenges.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

When I was in India I really missed out on seeing some of the mountainsides, and I am regretting it more and more as the years go by. I do plan on going back one of these days but it is not in the plans quite yet, but when I plan for it I will try to include for rural areas because that it what a lot of other people suggest. The physical challenges might be a little rough, but I am willing to push myself.

7. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana New Member

This is absolutely perfect for me. While I am not very sure of my mountaineering abilities, I think this will give me the needed confidence boost to tackle the Himalayan Mountains. Any one of these programs that also cater to children will the one I choose.