1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cities to visit in India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Gupra1989, May 19, 2017.

1. Gupra1989

Gupra1989 New Member

My brother and I have 6 months free until we go and start our job. We are very keen travelers and would like to travel within India first and explore some of the cities.

As the time we have is very valuable we want it spent wisely and would like to know what cities to visit in India.
    I am not sure what we are looking for when visiting a city but it would be good to visit the famous cities which have some to offer like famous places to visit etc.

2. adrklkol

adrklkol New Member

Where do you want to go in this summer, except the hills?

3. Akshay185

Akshay185 New Member

There are lot of cities which you should visit here in India.

For the Period Of June - September : I will say you can plan for west India in rainy season. Where you will experience beautiful waterfalls and other scenic sights.
    Cities: Mumbai, Pune

From September to January you can move towards south India including Goa. As Beaches are closed in Rainy season and hot in summer.
    Cities: Goa, Banglore, Ooty, Kodaicannel, Triventrum

January to May is the duration where you can visit North India as in winter the cold is almost unbearable and mostly roads and activities are closed due to heavy snow fall.
    Cities: Pachmadi, Leh Laddakh, Manali, Dehradun, etc.

There are other cities which has their own significance:
    Jaipur, Ahemdabad, Indore, Kanpur, Hydrabad, Kolkata, Haridwar, Mathura & many more