1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continental Plan Vs Map?

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Rita P, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Rita P

Rita P New Member

I wonder which is better out of the two. While a plan that includes breakfast is good since you don't have to spend extra or go out to eat, an MAP plan does give you breakfast and dinner - but my point is why have 2 meals in the hotel? It s always good to explore places outside and get a taste of the local food.

2. grace

grace New Member

I usually stay away from the planned meals at the hotels I stay in. I find I'm not always back at the hotel for dinner or lunch so I miss that meal anyway. Most hotels offer a continental breakfast type meal that you can go down to the restaurant and eat. It seems to be the cheaper option.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

If there's breakfast provided at the hotel then I usually take advantage of it...a lot of places I've travelled have had limited to no breakfast options open super early in the morning, so it's nice to know you can get something at the hotel. But beyond that, I prefer to eat away from the hotel for lunch and dinner. I do just find that I get more of a cultural experience by sampling local cuisine. In most hotels you have pretty standard foods that you could get anywhere and everywhere. It's nice to branch out and try different things in my opinion.