1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating In India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sandy, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Sandy

Sandy Guest

Several threads on this forum about meeting people online and traveling with your significant other got me thinking. (I am posting this topic with genuineness, as I sincerely hope to understand other cultures better). And as I look at other travel blogs, dating and attraction to local cultures is a common thing. We are all human after all, and we are going to be attracted to each other. Around the world, India is known for arranged marriages, and marrying within their own cultural group (which makes a lot of sense if you want to preserve your own culture). However, India is such a large and diverse country, is this the case everywhere? Would a person (male or female) have a chance if they were in the country for whatever reason and wanted to date someone there? For example, if a Christian from another culture was interested in a Syrian Christian from India, would that work out?

On a lighter note, if you already have someone you are dating and travel to India together, what are the best "dating spots" (restaurants, resorts) that you would recommend?

Thanks for everyone's input on the topic!

2. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

'Dating spots' are no different here than what one finds in the rest of the world. India is a huge country with romantic possibilities such as beaches, hill stations, cozy restaurants, street foods, multiplex theatres and even live bands. Once your dates are decided you need to check the Net for all what is happening in this beautiful country.