1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi to Chakrata Route

Discussion in 'North India' started by RahulSai, Jun 5, 2015.

1. RahulSai

RahulSai New Member

I am going to Chakrata (in UP) next weekend, and need to know the road route to take from Delhi. There are apparently two routes which you can take one via Paonta Sahib or via Meerut, which one is better?

2. AbhayNarang

AbhayNarang New Member

Traffic in UP is terrible and if you are used to the traffic then by all means you can go through the Meerut route, if not then take the Paonta Sahib route.

3. Oju

Oju New Member

Try both routes, go on one route on the way there and on the other route on the way back.

4. MonikaGulati

MonikaGulati New Member

Chakrata is a beautiful place, but not much to do there. If you are looking to go there for sight seeing you would be disappointed, it is more of a relaxing place just to adore the views.

5. JimmyKakkar

JimmyKakkar New Member

I have been on this route some 4 years ago, I don't know whether it was a new road being made but the road conditions we not good, it wasn't a smooth ride you can say. It is not a good idea to travel by a bus as you would not have a pleasant ride.