1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi tour

Discussion in 'North India' started by Ronald2244, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Ronald2244

Ronald2244 New Member

Hi

Can you please recommend some good tour companies in Delhi? I got only 3 days in Delhi and I want to visit all the good sights in these 3 days and I do not have heavy budget. Any suggestions whether a group tour or car hire for individual tour would be better and what options do I have in Delhi?

Thanks!
    Ron

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

hiring a car would be a good option if you are with your family/mates... if you are alone then you can use the DTC sieght seeing bus service.. this is for day one and for the next day just get you legs working and enjoy the entire city ;) via auto-buses-rickshaws

3. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

I second that, Getting a taxi for the entire day is the way to go. Just make a list of places you would like to visit and discuss with your driver about the order in which to go for them. You can also make a day trip to the Taj Mahal if you like as it is only about 4 hours drive from Delhi. Taxi for the entire day comes cheap and includes certain miles in the price depending upon where you get it from and how goo you are at haggling.

4. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

If you are on your own and like to save money on transportation then use a combination of Metro trains and auto rikshaws.

Delhi has a lot to offer but unfortunately I live in Delhi so I am not the best person to advise on what to see and what not to but I hear people like the Red fort, Qutab minar, Connaught place for fine dining, Delhi haat (Opposite INA market) for checking out different cuisines at very reasonable prices, Humayu's tomb, Akshar dhaam temple, Lotus temple and a lot of other things that I am not able to remember off the top of my head. There is plenty to do and see in Delhi. If you decide to do a day trip to Agra for Taj mahal then also include Fateh pur sikri and Bharatpur bird centaury. Leaving Delhi about 5ish will enable you to cover all these three places.