1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do We Need To Worry About Rats, Rodents, And Snakes?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by George, Feb 1, 2016.

1. George

George Member

I was wondering if we had to worry about rats, rodents or snakes in our hotel or around populated areas. I know in some countries rats are not killed. People leave food out for them as they leave in the morning to work. Is this true in India?

2. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

In my opinion, one do not need to be worry about rats, rodents or snakes in hotels as the hotel staff has all the security measures to protect you from them whereas in populated places one can encounter them so be aware of that.

3. Kira

Kira Guest

Good to know Ritika. It's a question I had not thought of asking. Snakes are my least favorite thing in the world so that would have determined whether or not I would have traveled to India.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Rats are a big fear of mine - rodents in general scare me! I have seen them in the streets when I travel - but then again, you can even see rats in New York City so I wouldn't worry too much.

5. George

George Member

This is good to know. My wife is terrified of rats, rodents, and snakes. That is one of her biggest fears after watching a program on the discovery channel one. I forget what country it was that they valued rats and fed them

6. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

rats and rodents are a great problem in India. Because of rats and rodents Indian farmers suffer a great loss. rats and rodents also pose a great threat in the cities because they spread disease like plague. Snakes are revered in India.