1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving In India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Nita, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Nita

Nita New Member

I just finished reading a fantastic post about a day trip a person took with his family. It was an out of the way adventure that took him to some fantastic stops in India. There were beautiful rivers, waterfalls and so much to see and do. I was wondering if anyone has ever rented a car and taken an adventure to a far off location in India. Was it difficult to find your way there and back?

2. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

No, Its not difficult these days as there are sign boards available to guide the right path.

3. Kira

Kira Guest

I'm not sure if I would want to do this. Maybe I'm not as adventurous as I should be. Now if I could find a guide to take me to some of these out of the way places, that would be nice. Someone I could trust. Is it difficult to find someone like that?

4. Tamboa

Tamboa New Member

I would be terrified to drive. One of the other threads talks about how the traffic moves very fast and people don't all follow the same rules. Too stressful for a vacation.

5. Kristie

Kristie New Member

I don't think I would rent a car as I am not the best driver in the world :D However, I think that hiring someone to drive me around could be a good idea.

6. MarilynB

MarilynB New Member

I love to drive but from what I've read about driving in India I'd probably be terrified or stuck behind the slowest driver in the world. Your vacation is supposed to be about relaxation not stress.