1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-tourist Visa

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Sar@, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Sar@

Sar@ New Member

The Indian Government's ministry of tourism has made it a whole lot easier for tourists to obtain an India visa. you can get a visa with a few clicks ! check out the countries list that this option is available for them: Indian e-Tourist Visa

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Oh yay! My country is in the list! This is actually a great way of boosting tourism in India's part (not that their tourism is low). I hope more countries follow into their footsteps. Getting a visa is one of the few obstacles in traveling to a country. With this, I'm sure more people will flock into India. And the process actually looks fast too. No more long lines at the office and no more transport fees! This is such great news!

3. Ashwin Mahesh

Ashwin Mahesh Member

I am glad they are calling it the e-visa now, the same visa was previously called 'Visa on Arrival', which was quite frankly very confusing and few people who did not bother to check the details ended up being deported after arriving at an Indian airport. There was this famous case of a unfortunate Japanese lady who thought she could travel without a visa and who was hoping to get stamped at the airport, but ended being deported back to her country. In case anyone comes across previous articles regarding 'Visa on Arrival' for India, be warned that it does not exist.

Tanmaya likes this.
  4. nemanjanp

nemanjanp New Member

Wow. I had no idea about this! It is indeed awesome, being able to obtain a visa so fast is really a one huge step forward for India and it's tourism. Considering most of the other countries are so troublesome regarding visa, this will definitely bring more people to India. I am really looking forward to seeing what future has in mind for us travelers, and i hope that things will soon improve even more, so we spend less time in doing all the stuff it takes to actually visit a country.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think anything that will make travelling to a destination easier can only be a good thing. Let's not forget aswell as it making it easier for the visitor, it will also make the actual country seem more appealing, and this of course will attract more tourism.

6. Ashwin Mahesh

Ashwin Mahesh Member

I hope other countries reciprocate this good gesture from the Indian government and introduce e-Visa or Visa on Arrival for Indian passports so like minded Indians can also comfortably travel without the hassle of applying for visas, attending visa interviews, etc., Currently there are hardly 50 to 60 other countries which offer such facility to Indian passports and most of them are not hot tourist destinations.

7. Tanmaya

Tanmaya Member

Thailand is one country where I can just buy a ticket and take a flight without worrying about visa at all. There is no need to pay upfront or fill any form before you actually land there. That is visa on arrival, what we have in India is just a visa process that does not require sending over your passport but a pre approval is still required and this is not what a visa on arrival is. e-visa? may be I don't know. I would prefer visa on arrival instead of e-visa and the amount of time people are allowed to stay should also be increased.

8. BayouBilly

BayouBilly New Member

That's awesome! Definitely a good idea for tourists who wanted to make the commitment, but didn't have the time to go through the mess of applying.

It was an absolute horror show when I first applied for my visa. I'm sure everyone else has their own experiences, but damn - did they just make it a whole lot easier.

I wonder how much that's going to improve the industry in India. Maybe in ten years, re-visiting would be a whole lot funner!

9. sillyllucy

sillyllucy Member

Thanks for that link! I like the idea of being an e-tourist. If only I could get a work Visa. That is what I am ready for. I would love to spend a summer working in India. Do you think I really need a work Visa anyway?

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Working in a particular country without the necessary paperwork can be a disaster if you get caught and its something I definitely wouldn't recommend.

Not only can they take any money that you've earned, you'll often be fined and put on the next plane back to your own country with possibly even a criminal record.

11. Isafab

Isafab New Member

Has anyone actually tried the e-Visa? It looks straightforward, but I don't want to go through the process and pay my $$, only to find a problem at the end.