1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falooda

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Norjak71, May 2, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71 New Member

I've been doing some research on India for a school paper and am working on their culture and social scene. Has anyone ever heard or had a Falooda? Its a beverage with gelatin, tapioca, water, spices milk and other ingredients. It looks so good. I think I should start trying to make some of these here, no fair they have all the cool beverages.

2. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Whenever I come to visit this part of the forum I remember that India has the greatest food in the world. This beverage is great. It looks great and if you look at the ingredients you know it tastes great. I was on the Skype with one of my friends who are in India right now and he was drinking this cold beverage as he explained to me and he was totally blown away. Of course not only with this one but also with breads, main coarse, breakfast ... Everything actually.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I just looked it up online, and it looks amazing! One of the ingredients listed was rose syrup, so I think it would be really yummy. It also just looks beautifully presented in the pictures I saw too. I also read online that originally, falooda was only made for noble families, but these days it's for everyone - so I guess if I was lucky enough to try it I would be feeling quite fancy! ;)

4. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

This stuff is delicious. Everyone has heard of bubble tea from Japan, but that is not anywhere as good as falooda. Honestly, they have the same sorts of flavors, but the base of falooda is so much better, and is so refreshing on a hot day. It even goes well with those humid Chennai afternoons. And, it is easy to make. The rose syrup might be hard to get, but there are alternatives. I highly recommend people trying it at home.

5. Elaine Lat

Elaine Lat Member

This is somewhat similar to our "halo-halo", only ours have crushed ice, sweetened bananas and tubers, pearls, flan but no vermicelli. Still, it looks delicious and I would like to try it if ever I get to take a trip to India. I'm sure they have various street delicacies that would also be palatable to tourists .