1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite hotel across the board?

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by PrincessTigerLily, Jul 14, 2016.

1. What's your favorite hotel that you've ever stayed in?

And after that, what is your favorite one particularly in India?

I've not been to India yet, so I will tell you about my favorite B&B I stayed in in England. This was run by white British Buddhists, and they were the most peaceful, kind people I have ever met. One of the nicest things the lady did was offer to make you a packed lunch if you were going out adventuring for the day. You paid for it, but it was a lot cheaper than eating out and it was homemade food. This was a B&B in the Lake District. It's the best thing I remember about that entire visit.

2. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

I am from India and have toured several countries. We always opted for package holidays and so we were put up in great hotels. I particularly liked those in the US specially their breakfast spread. Even if we had our skates on we would not have covered all what was there. There were different types of tea, coffee, porridge, eggs cooked in different ways, different types of bread,jams, fruits, fruit juices pancakes, the works. I particularly liked the maple syrup which we do not get in India. The sad part is I have a good but small appetite. (lol)
    In India I liked that hotel which was bang on the Dal lake in Srinagar, Kashmir. It had a beautiful and peaceful ambiance. Going for walks early in the morning with the Dal Lake as company was a memorable experience.

3. Mohit Eagle

Mohit Eagle Member

I haven't been out of India, and have traveled much in India so I can only talk about the hotels in India.

Out of the many different hotels I have stayed at, I think that the Ginger brand hotels are the best. They are very affordable and up to the mark, not quite lavish as 5-star hotels but in their range. The restaurant food in the Ginger Hotels is quite limited and ok for taste, but that doesn't affect me, as I always prefer eating out of the hotel when ever traveling.

I think if my destination has an option for a Ginger hotel I would stay there, rather than choosing anything else.

I heard OYO rooms are good too but I am yet to try their hotels.