1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing In India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Andrew, Jan 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Andrew

Andrew New Member

I'd love to go deep sea fishing for the day. Does anyone know where is the best place in India to go fishing. I still haven't decided on all the places I want to visit. If there is a good place to fish with a lot of other things to do I'd consider visiting there.

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I would recommend anywhere in Goa. Goa has beaches, a rich culture which is a fusion of Portuguese and native Indians. There you can find boats for charter and take trips to fish in the waters. It is a great place to go, for a number of reasons, and has all the amenities and support for tourists as it is a main destination.

Don't forget to look into a license. You have to get one.

3. rajesh

rajesh Member

There are many wonderful places for fishing in India. I would recommend you some of them (These are the places that I have visited).
    Kosi River, Uttarakhand
    Pabbar Valley, Himachal Pradesh
    Jia River, Assam
    Ramaganga River, Corbett National Park
    Tirthan Valley, Himachal Pradesh

You can easily find the exact location of these places on Google Maps. I hope this helps. :):)

4. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I am a more for some river and I was wondering if I would have to pay some day pass for fishing. I am not going to visit India soon but I am curious. Here we need licence to go fishing and you can buy daily ones, monthly or annual. What about there' The sea is I suppose free of charge but I really like rivers and even lakes and I think one have to pay for it. What are the fees if you go fishing without permit?

5. Ilivewhereistand

Ilivewhereistand New Member

I watched an episode where Jeremy Wade of the show River Monsters fished a river in India and caught some huge catfish that had teeth. I think they were called Goonch. That would be a pretty cool fight. Not sure if I would travel there though. He was showing how they burn the bodies of dead loved ones and dump them into the river.

6. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

The hot spots and tourist destinations are all cool, but if you really want an adventure, try asking the locals if they recommend a place where you can go. Usually, they would give you a place that isn't very popular, yet is incredibly beautiful. Also, since it isn't that popular, there are fewer people there comparing to travel guide destinations, so you can have more of the place to yourself!

7. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Here's a few places that you can go fishing, which I can recommend to you:
    • Uttarakhand. Particularly the Corbett National Park, where you can even find the Golden Mahasheer. The park has a lot of rivers and freshwater lakes.
    • Kashmir. You can only fish here during the months of May to October, since it snows here. You can find trouts mostly but there are some other species of fishes as well.
    • Assam. The downside of this place is that you have to acquire a permit before you can fish here. But the upside is you can find the bigger species of fishes here like the wild Masheer. Fishing here only takes place during November though.
    • Neral. This place is known for its huge prawns as well as its freshwater fishes. This is a very relaxing and serene fishing place, perfect for those who want to get away from the city.
    I hope this helps!