1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flea Markets In Delhi And Mumbai

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Krupa Patel, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Krupa Patel

Krupa Patel New Member

I will be in India mid-March with my cousins, and the trip is purely holiday based, along with lots of shopping! I am the kind of person who likes going to flea markets and this is one of the places I want to be at when in India. I will be in Delhi and Mumbai and I need some locals to help me, by listing the flea markets in both these destinations. It would be a bonus if you could also mention how good these markets are and whether they are worth visiting.

Admin likes this.

2. Off the cuff

Off the cuff New Member

I can't give you any advice as I am not a local, but I would love to get some insider tips on the best flea markets, too. Are you looking for places with used goods/antiques, or just general bric-a-brac? I always like to find something which is unique or unusual to bring home for myself as a memento.

Admin likes this.

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Well, I would start by understanding these are not flea markets. They are simply markets, or bazaars. This is how a lot of their economy has happened throughout history, and is the way their shops and business form. You will go to streets that are crowded with businesses, which is quite different from the idea of a flea market. They also have specific purposes. You will go to ones for food, ones for spices, ones for clothing and goods. The closest things to actual flea markets are when they set up shops and stands for festivals, and those are mostly for food and drink or religious items.