1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four Points By Sheraton Dehradun

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Jayden, May 12, 2020.

1. Jayden

Jayden New Member

Hello everyone, I hope you are all safe and in your homes.

As there is not much going on or to do these days, I am taking this time as a good opportunity to research about my anniversary holiday coming up in June. If all goes well and lockdown is opened and the cases of COVID 19 come down considerably, then I would like to take my wife on a trip to Dehradun.

She wants to go somewhere near Mussoorie, where she can explore the surrounding area and also visit Mussoorie. The idea is to be at a place where there is some peace and good views, which is why she doesn't want to stay in Mussoorie itself.

I came across the Four Points By Sheraton Dehradun hotel, which seems ideal, location-wise, and comfort-wise.

I would like to get some feedback, on what the hotel is like, the distance from some main tourist areas and whether it is worth staying at or if I should consider some other hotel.

2. Deven

Deven Member

Hi Jayden, here is a list of some of the attractions in Dehradun and their distance from Four Points by Sheraton:

Doon IT Park - 2.9km

Rajpur Road - 2.8km

Malsi Deer Park -3.4km

The Mall Road - 20km

Sahastradhara - 4.4km

Whether it is worth staying at Four Points by Sheraton depends on what you desire from your holiday. If you want some peace and quiet and and relaxing time in a good quality hotel then I would say its worth it, but it you would be staying out most of the time then it would be better to find some other hotel.

3. Prits

Prits Member

The Four Points by Sheraton Dehradun sounds like a good option for your wife's preference for peace and views with easy access to Mussoorie. Here's some info to help you decide:

Four Points by Sheraton Dehradun:

• Location: While not in Mussoorie itself, it's on the outskirts of Dehradun, around 7 kms from the railway station, Mussoorie is about 30 kms from the hotel.
    • Peace and Views: Being on the outskirts, it should be quieter than Mussoorie with potentially good views of the surrounding area.
    • Amenities: Offers a fitness center, free wifi, free breakfast, and a rooftop bar which might have good views TripAdvisor:
    Distance from Tourist Areas:

• Mussoorie: A day trip to Mussoorie is easily doable from the hotel. You can likely hire a taxi or car for the day.
    • Local: The hotel is close to the Pacific Mall, Ramakrishna Ashrama Temple and Samaun The Himalayan Treasure if your wife fancies some shopping or local sightseeing while staying at the hotel.
    Alternatives:

• If being even closer to Mussoorie is important, consider hotels around Mussoorie itself. However, these might be noisier and have less open space.
    • There are other hotels on the outskirts of Dehradun that might offer similar peace and quiet with a different atmosphere. Researching on booking sites would help with comparisons.
    Overall:

Four Points by Sheraton Dehradun seems like a solid choice for your needs. It offers comfort, a good location for exploring the area, and some amenities to relax at the hotel.

Here's what you can do next:
    • Check online reviews for the hotel to get a feel for the guest experience.
    • Look at photos of the hotel and surrounding area to see if it matches your wife's expectations for views and peacefulness.
    • Consider your budget and compare prices with other hotels that might interest you.
    I hope this helps narrow down your hotel choices!