1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From India To Vietnam

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by phoenix2015, Dec 9, 2015.

1. phoenix2015

phoenix2015 New Member

Hey guys, I'm trying to plan a trip from India to Vietnam across land. I want to travel across India, through Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia and into Ho Chi Minh City. Any advice or suggestions on routes? Trains? Buses? Should I start in New Delhi or Mumbai?

2. Barty

Barty New Member

That's quite an extensive trip you are planning there. I don't know if I would just take someone's advice on that. I believe you should do a bit of research. Especially if you are not familiar with the land.

3. MinnieinIndia

MinnieinIndia New Member

The Thailand >>>Cambodia >>> Vietnam legs should be straightforward. There are lots of buses between them and India, so you just need to make sure you have blank pages in your passport, passport pictures, and some clean US dollar notes.

I would check the current border crossing possibilities for the first two countries though, definitely before making any further plans.

4. Skitmaker

Skitmaker New Member

Vietnamese here. I'm not sure about travelling India -> Thailand, but I can answer the second part. For travelling from Thailand to Cambodia to Vietnam (especially Ho Chi Minh City), you pretty much only need a passport and some money. Buses frequently travel between these areas, so you won't have trouble finding them. My advice would be to pack light and keep your belonging close to you at all times. The buses are often crowded, and it's best to avoid anything gone missing by the time you wake up. Other than that, it's a common route and you won't find much trouble with borders here.

5. Cwebster

Cwebster New Member

you can cross Thailand to Cambodia to Vietnam by buses?